the best cartridge for a JVC QL-Y3F TT

cg160580

the best cartridge for a JVC QL-Y3F TT
« on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:50 am »
Hi everybody,

Im new here and Im also new in the vinyl world, or should I say ...new again
I decided to dig out my good old LP's and start a new hobby .
I have been reading a lot of information everywhere on the net to catch up again but are left with some questions or tips I didnt really found
and since I just bought a very nice JVC QL-Y3F TT in mint condition , where is better than to start right here.

I hope you people would be so nice to help me out...

Now I would like to find the best cartridge for it , any suggestions , ideas .... there is not really a budget.

Also I would like to know your opinions on what set of speakers I should buy , I got myself a Marantz PM 700 DC amlifier that I would like to use for the whole set ... I was thinking something like Klipsch floorstanding speakers... or is that a bad idea?

Thanks guys

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
Re: the best cartridge for a JVC QL-Y3F TT
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2018, 01:44 pm »
I used to have one and always enjoyed the VTA adjustment.  I used a Shure V15 type 5
on it to great effect as well as a Grado Silver (back in the day)  Today, I would look at
an Ortofon black or Hana cartridge although I confess to the Denon D103 MC being
a guilty pleasure for me.
regards,
Hibuck,

SounderMN

Re: the best cartridge for a JVC QL-Y3F TT
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2018, 09:28 pm »
I have an older JVC VL8.  It has a similar tonearm, although not servo controlled.  Anyway, I believe it to be a medium compliance tonearm, so it should work with many options.  I have an ART9 on it, and it sounds fantastic, and tracks very well.  Nice find!