New Location for SRL Acoustics

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
New Location for SRL Acoustics
« on: 27 Oct 2017, 02:38 pm »

Hello to all, I have relocated to a beautiful spot in the country that I own.  Now that all my stuff is set up I am ready to take my company to the next level.  I manufacture the best performance acoustical diffusers you can get.  I love to see the grins on peoples' faces when their sound comes into focus in their room.

here is a recent installation in Florida...

Here is a picture from Hilltop studio in Nashville.  You can see part of the ceiling mounted diffuser I built for them.  It is 8 ft long, 2 ft wide and 14.5 inches deep.
The difference it caused in the sound of the room is profound.  The engineer/owner John Nicholson said that anyone can call him for a reference.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2017, 05:02 pm by srlaudio »

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
Re: New Location for SRL Acoustics
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2017, 05:07 pm »
Here is an email I got from an acquaintance in Florida...

Hi Allen,

After months of waiting, Francis finally invited me up for an audition to his newly completed listening room. Having heard his system about a month ago without the ceiling diffusers, I was prepared for some but not much of an improvement. First, a bit of background.

In our Conifer, CO home, I finally convinced my wife after many years of begging to try ceiling treatment [absorbers at the first-reflection points] on a "test" basis. Long story short, she understood after hearing the dramatic difference that the ceiling was a pretty big issue. BTW, these test absorbers only came down when we sold our home.

With that, I knew sort of what to expect [deeper sound stage, better focus, enhanced inner detailing, etc.]. As I sat there, his own impression was one of ecstasy and although he tried to be neutral it his body language telegraphed to me that he had done the right thing and hired you to do his treatment. And then the silence broke and he played one of my favorite tracks from some HQ software I use as a personal reference when comparing systems.

It took only a few brief moments to hear the unbelievable improvement in its sound. I can only describe it as a synergistic addition that does so much more than reduce acoustic interference patterns, although that is technically what it does. The perceived realism of his system was breathtaking with each instruments subtleties and correct timbre arriving at your ears in phase. I was impressed and it takes a lot for me to be impressed by any gizmo for any stereo at any price.

Your work is a thing of beauty in every regard. Musical attack, decay, transitions, everything comes alive as one should hope when comparing a recording to a live performance [to me, the acid test]. This Colorado system of mine is the only other room I have ever heard this magic and now I have another nearby in Florida in which to seriously listen.

My hat goes off to you as I bow to the floor in honor of your work. Keep it up. Kudos! You are indeed one of the good guys.

Keep looking up!

Best regards,
Philip Rastocny, Author

fex02

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2017, 10:57 am »
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Allen for designing and building an audio room that is unbelievable.The system is extremely accurate ,natural , and capable of resolution that i never thought i would hear.
The expertise Allen brings to the table is based on 30 plus years of recording(Elvis,Dolly), building recording studio's ,and fixing studio's.His pioneering solution to the problem of "the Room" is based on diffusion.A cost effective unique design he developed with his partner.
If your contemplating an audio upgrade , i urge you to try to fix the room first. Allen is extremely helpful in designing the solution and custom building it for you.
I wish Paul, at ps audio , would give these a try. His quest for audio nirvana would be advanced with Allen's help !
If your in west central florida, please stop by .I would love to demo my system and room treatments.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2017, 01:38 pm »
I agree, the room was done really great.  Too many audiophiles overlook the room.

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2017, 02:24 pm »

Here is a picture from the rear wall of a recording studio control room just before acoustic fabric covering.  This is a nice way to combine absorption and diffusion.

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2017, 02:31 pm »

Here is a picture from a church in Nashville.  The back half of the sanctuary was transformed from a bad space to a great one with these diffusers.

jk@home

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2017, 02:45 pm »
Congrats with your new location. I assembled some portable QRDs from your 2 x 2 product a few years ago. Turned out great, still use them.

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2017, 06:19 pm »
Thanks for stopping by!  I use two of those in my own bedroom sized office with playback system.  I shot a REW sample with my Earthworks microphone, I will locate that and post it.  It shows a textbook good response, and the only acoustic treat is a couch and those 2 2'X4' diffusers.....

InfernoSTi

« Reply #8 on: 10 Dec 2017, 03:44 pm »
Hi Allen,

Congrats on the thread and the great installs.  As you know, I've been a long time user of your larger diffusors with my OB system.  I'm really enjoying them.  I recently had to move and reassemble the listening room and the two large diffusers were the first things to get installed after the speakers went up.  The absorption followed, of course! 

All the best,
John

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #9 on: 9 Jan 2018, 04:26 am »
Hi John,

Thanks for stopping by,   you have the first of my "accidental" diffuser discovery. 

This has to be the absolute best buy on the market.  I will challenge any product to a shootout with this one!

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #10 on: 5 Feb 2018, 03:18 am »
I am still waiting on any comers for a shootout.  This is the best buy on the market for a diffusion product! 

srlaudio

• Industry Participant
    • SRL Acoustics
« Reply #11 on: 5 Feb 2018, 03:22 am »
Any order for this product is satisfaction guaranteed.  Nothing you can do as far as buying new speakers, new amps, new converters, NOTHING will come close to improving the sound in your room than this......