The NFL Season, 17-18

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: The NFL Season, 17-18
« Reply #80 on: 9 Oct 2017, 03:36 pm »
If they stay healthy I think the Packers will be there at the end of the season.
They looked pretty good to me last night.

rodge827

« Reply #81 on: 9 Oct 2017, 07:19 pm »
Yeah very exciting game in Dallas yesterday, could have gone either way. Rodgers was at the top of his game and his leadership is exemplary! I’m in a split household with my much better half a Cheesehead (born and raised in WI) Game day is a lot of fun around here when both teams win!  :green:

Chris

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #82 on: 10 Oct 2017, 04:06 pm »
With 4 games in the books the Broncos are 3-1. Prior to the start of the season, I bravely proposed that the Denver team would win 4 games this year. Now, facing a 12-4 extrapolation based on activity so far, I have to cautiously decree that the new prophecy anticipates 10 wins and a playoff berth. Since we are in the same division as Kansas City, who has only to be handed the Lombardi Trophy at this point by the sports reportage corp., it would seem that only a Wild Card is a possibility for the lowly Bronkeys.

Next up is the 0-5 N.Y. Giants in Denver, followed by the 1-4 L.A. Chargers in their new temporary home. Then we travel to K.C. to find out how good they really are.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #83 on: 15 Oct 2017, 08:43 pm »
So much for the Packers.
Guess it's up to my Giants!  Now that they've lulled the rest of the league into a false sense of security it's time to strike.

stlrman

« Reply #84 on: 15 Oct 2017, 10:46 pm »
Is KC the worst 5-0 team ever??!!
Omg, they are horrid! I'm pretty sure they had negative yards in the first half .

Mag

« Reply #85 on: 15 Oct 2017, 11:58 pm »
Rogers is out, broken collarbone. Too bad he is the best, plays on the edge.:(

twitch54

« Reply #86 on: 16 Oct 2017, 12:18 am »
Rogers is out, broken collarbone. Too bad he is the best, plays on the edge.:(

the best ?? LOL, count the rings baby !

twitch54

« Reply #87 on: 16 Oct 2017, 12:19 am »
Is KC the worst 5-0 team ever??!!
Omg, they are horrid! I'm pretty sure they had negative yards in the first half .

what......your not lovin' 'stosh' !!

twitch54

« Reply #88 on: 16 Oct 2017, 12:20 am »
So much for the Packers.
Guess it's up to my Giants!  Now that they've lulled the rest of the league into a false sense of security it's time to strike.

RMAOTFL ....... :duh:   pray for the Yankees, they have a chance !

twitch54

« Reply #89 on: 16 Oct 2017, 12:21 am »
If they stay healthy I think the Packers will be there at the end of the season.

yep, they will be there at the end ....... cleaning out their lockers !

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #90 on: 22 Oct 2017, 08:50 pm »

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #91 on: 29 Oct 2017, 08:17 pm »
The 49ers don't appear to be much of a challenge to anyone of late but the Beagles sure look good (in between my customary Sunday power naps).  The dog woke me up right in time to see SF's quarterback get his sinuses cleared a few times in rapid succession. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #92 on: 29 Oct 2017, 11:24 pm »

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #93 on: 31 Oct 2017, 08:10 pm »
Eagle fans appear to have fallen silent now that there is nothing to gripe about. I guess they are having difficulty adjusting to their new position atop the power rankings. And they play the Broncos this Sunday so that record should remain unblemished for at least 10 more days.

rodge827

« Reply #94 on: 31 Oct 2017, 08:46 pm »
Eagle fans appear to have fallen silent now that there is nothing to gripe about. I guess they are having difficulty adjusting to their new position atop the power rankings. And they play the Broncos this Sunday so that record should remain unblemished for at least 10 more days.

Cautious and very optimistic is about the size of it!
One more game till the mid point of the season and for this die hard Iggles fan it's way to soon to be calling it a done deal. Picking up Ajayi today was a sweet move towards a late season run. It's about time the front office put up the $$$$ to take a serious shot at it. 
Heck the Iggles are fun to watch, kinda like the Cowboys last season, just hoping for a different outcome.

FLY IGGLES Fly!

Chris

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #95 on: 31 Oct 2017, 11:33 pm »
Well, the Eagles are "all in" for this season, and it's actually a smart move.  Their young QB is playing well, and the rest of the team of strong throughout.  This year, they have a real shot.  Now future years??? They gave up a lot to get their QB.  Their new RB isn't a long term solution, but he might be what they need for a season or two.  If they coax Megatron out of retirement, they could actually be special.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #96 on: 1 Nov 2017, 12:00 am »
I agree about the all in comment.  They spent a lot of draft picks on Wentz so had to bolster the team with a lot of one and done free agents.  Jefferies, Blount, and Smith will likely not be here next year, haven't read the contract for Ajayi so don't know if he's here for longer.  Jefferies and Blunt have done well, as well as vets Agholor and Ertz who are becoming stars.  Smith hasn't broken out yet, but still a solid player.  Defense is just a monster, even after losing their best cornerback.  Never know about injuries, which they've had their share of this year, and what may happen in the playoffs, but they're making a run for it all.

Great weekend for football at this house.  Not only did my two teams Steelers and Eagles win, but I went 13 and 0 on both of my pools.  Steelers on top of the AFC, Eagles on top of the NFC, could it be my dream year with both in the Super Bowl?  A long shot for sure, but possible.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #97 on: 2 Nov 2017, 01:03 pm »
Iggles fans could be lulled into a sense of comfort and inevitability by my comments above but new revelations indicate that there is a possibility now of a dominating performance by the Denver Bronkies. The Brock will be starting against them Iggles on Sunday due to Trevor Semien's well-deserved benching. If not for Osweiler stepping in and carrying the 2015 team to the playoffs, Peyton Manning would never have gotten his second ring. Of course, I'm asking you to ignore the fact that, in the interim between his 2 stints in Broncoland, he was tried by two other teams who couldn't get rid of him fast enough.
If he does return to the success he demonstrated in '15, he'll be a very big bargain for Denver as he is now on a short (trial?) contract paying failure grade QB money.
BTW- I've seen this game offered up as Upset of the Week by at least one sports pundit. Brace yourselves.
Personally, I will be surprised if Denver wins 6 games this season  ----  and astonished if they win this next one.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #98 on: 2 Nov 2017, 07:50 pm »
Yeah macrojack, I agree with your last statement, at 7.5 point underdogs playing in Philly it will be an uphill battle for them to win.  Osweiller has been a bust since the Bronco defense limped him through the back half of the season before being benched for a nearly wheelchair bound Manning.  Being the NFL that means trap game for the Eagles.  They're missing Peters at left tackle which could result in a free run at Wentz for the Bronco linebackers, and the Broncos have a 3rd rated defense against the run, Wentz could be under pressure all day.  No film on Brock with this offense could be trouble for the depleted Eagle secondary.  Bleacher Report has the game at 32-10 Eagles, so it would be the upset of the week if Denver wins, maybe a big payday game, but I think laying off this one is the best play.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #99 on: 3 Nov 2017, 02:04 am »
Yeah, the Iggles are having a great year, thus far. They are tied with only one other team in the League for most consecutive wins this season, at five-straight.

The only other team in the League with five straight wins are the New Orleans Saints.