The NFL Season, 17-18

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: The NFL Season, 17-18
« Reply #180 on: 4 Jan 2018, 07:01 pm »
So I have my two teams in the playoffs and I'm not hopeful.  The Eagles need the spark that is Wentz to be great, Foles is not that.  I would pick any team in the playoffs ahead of them. 
The Steelers are good enough to win anywhere, but can also lay an egg at any given point.  At this point in his career some days Ben doesn't have it.  Sometimes the secondary allows big plays or has big penalties at just the wrong time.  The Patriots have had an uncanny ability to exploit weaknesses in the Steelers and the road is most likely through New England.  I got a bad feeling about this.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #181 on: 5 Jan 2018, 02:42 am »
I take Jerry you don't like Chuckie !

Don't like Chuckie?  Hmm, let's see...

Hopefully Jon Gruden gets a call from one of these teams. Seriously. Anything to get him out of the announcer's booth! ...

My Christmas wish is that Jon Gruden gets hired as a coach. Anywhere.

Please, anything to get him off of Monday Night!  :evil:

Jon Gruden is, without question, the worst sports broadcaster in the history of sports broadcasting. He's not fit to wear Madden's, Gifford's or Meredith's jock straps as dunce caps.  :cuss:

Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders. Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders. Please let Jon Gruden go back to coaching the Raiders.

ANYTHING to stop him from announcing Monday night games...

Yes, in retrospect, I do not like Chuckie.  :thumb:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #182 on: 5 Jan 2018, 11:05 am »

Jerry - Please remember that this is a "devil you know" situation. Getting rid of Chuckie is an attractive proposition but whoever thought he was right for the job will be hiring his replacement. The space will not remain empty. Rumor has it they are already interviewing and Kelly Anne Conway is the selection committee's first choice right now. Your safest pathway is likely complete avoidance of Monday Night Football. And you won't be alone. NFL viewership is down 9.7% compared to last year. I'm finding that I am more interested in the game results - The STANDINGS - than I am in seeing the actual game action.
Do you hang out in the kitchen while your meal is being prepared for you? Do you need to see it made in order to enjoy the outcome? Can you benefit from and enjoy trading stocks without seeing the floor action? Same with the NFL. Just check in periodically to see which way the games are running. If viewership dips sufficiently, perhaps the League will get a clue and stop the nonsense. I predict that will never happen. The ownership is comprised of old white guys who own the team so that they can take all your money and bask in your adulation. If you want to have any influence at all, you must learn that the only vote you get comes from how you spend your money ....... there is nothing else about you that has any meaning to them.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #183 on: 5 Jan 2018, 08:58 pm »
Boy, that's a big ol' mouthful right there, mj. Nonetheless, I sure hope Gruden takes a coaching job anywhere and gets the hell out of the booth.  :icon_twisted:

ohenry

« Reply #184 on: 5 Jan 2018, 09:43 pm »
...The ownership is comprised of old white guys who own the team so that they can take all your money and bask in your adulation. If you want to have any influence at all, you must learn that the only vote you get comes from how you spend your money ....... there is nothing else about you that has any meaning to them.

The only thing worse than an old white guy is an old bitter white guy.   :lol:

charmerci

« Reply #185 on: 6 Jan 2018, 04:17 am »

Are you HAPPY NOW???

rodge827

« Reply #186 on: 6 Jan 2018, 04:53 am »
Maybe Chris Collinsworth can get a coaching job? Or permanent laryngitis?
Please o please  :green:
« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2018, 02:05 am by rodge827 »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #187 on: 6 Jan 2018, 09:40 pm »

stlrman

« Reply #188 on: 7 Jan 2018, 12:28 am »
Can KC lose 6 straight home playoff games??!!!

stlrman

« Reply #189 on: 7 Jan 2018, 12:59 am »
Very Gutsy second half by the Titans!! They were down 18 at half time!! :thumb:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #190 on: 7 Jan 2018, 01:01 am »
Wow.  :|

ohenry

« Reply #191 on: 7 Jan 2018, 02:17 am »
Knock, knock. Who dat?  NFL South.   :lol:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #192 on: 7 Jan 2018, 02:33 am »
Yes, the NFC South has more combined wins than any other Division in the League.

Emil

« Reply #193 on: 7 Jan 2018, 01:03 pm »
The ownership is comprised of old white guys who own the team so that they can take all your money and bask in your adulation. If you want to have any influence at all, you must learn that the only vote you get comes from how you spend your money ....... there is nothing else about you that has any meaning to them.

The only thing worse than an old white guy is an old bitter white guy.   :lol:

The NFL would be some much different if ownership comprised of______( fill in the blank)  :duh:

ohenry

« Reply #194 on: 7 Jan 2018, 01:28 pm »
The NFL would be some much different if ownership comprised of______( fill in the blank)  :duh:

My "bitter old white men" comment was sarcasm at its worst.  People make money, that's what they do...

I tire of race, politics and BS these days.  I just don't seem to know when to  :no_speak:

Emil

« Reply #195 on: 7 Jan 2018, 01:37 pm »
My "bitter old white men" comment was sarcasm at its worst.  People make money, that's what they do...

I tire of race, politics and BS these days.  I just don't seem to know when to  :no_speak:

I agree, ohenry.
Some people see race in everything :(

stlrman

« Reply #196 on: 7 Jan 2018, 07:21 pm »
Blake Bortles sucks shit!!!
The Bills are pathetic !!
I've never seen two playoff teams that suck this hard!!

stlrman

« Reply #197 on: 7 Jan 2018, 07:31 pm »
But Blake seems to be their best running back . He can't complete a 2 yard screen pass . Another sack on him!!
My God, do not watch this game !!
Both teams are pathetic!!!
A whopping 3-3 half time score !!!

charmerci

« Reply #198 on: 7 Jan 2018, 07:37 pm »
Could just be nerves. Wait till the middle of the 4th when they start scoring like crazy.

charmerci

« Reply #199 on: 7 Jan 2018, 09:21 pm »
But Blake seems to be their best running back . He can't complete a 2 yard screen pass . Another sack on him!!
My God, do not watch this game !!
Both teams are pathetic!!!
A whopping 3-3 half time score !!!

OK  - you were right and I was wrong!  8)