HiFi QC Review of E•200S

CIAudio

HiFi QC Review of E•200S
« on: 29 May 2017, 01:13 pm »

Trover

Re: HiFi QC Review of E•200S
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2017, 07:42 pm »
I was considering trying a class D amp and researching the different brands and topologies (ICE, Hypex, Ncore, Nuprime) and ultimately decided to go with channel Island audio. I have a 200S I got a little while ago. Really in listening to it you would never know it's a class D amp.I have heard class D before but this is the first class D power amp I have owned. I Like the sound it gives and that it is so compact and not heavy, yet still powerful. There is one pair of small monitors I hooked up to it and it was just a wall to wall stage. It does not add any extra warmth but gets an accurate sound of instruments if that makes sense, it is also a quick response (I dont know where the idea came from that class D is like tube amp.....not to me, its more like a good solid state class A/B or class A amp. Good USA build quality and coming from Dusty, I know it will be reliable.

CIAudio

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2017, 03:56 pm »
Glad you're enjoying your new E-200S!

You are correct... a good Class D amplifier will have sonics most similar to a Class A amplifier, but are opposites when it comes to efficiency.

Nordkapp

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2017, 05:52 pm »
As an aside Dusty, my D200s are singing like angels.......Thanks again.