Any members in Ottawa here?

Russell Dawkins

Any members in Ottawa here?
« on: 13 Jun 2016, 01:28 am »
If there are any long term members here who live in Ottawa, i have a quick chore / favor to ask; it would take an hour and I'd pay $100.
I need a pair of speakers picked up from an elderly man (just off a course of chemo treatment and "weak as a kitten") and taken to the nearest Fedex or UPS center for them to pack and ship to me in Victoria. The UPS office is 1 km away from the pickup location and the Fedex office is 4 km away. The pickup location is in a seniors' retirement home near the Billings Bridge Shopping Centre.
These speakers are Yamaha NS-1000Ms and weigh about 68 lbs each and are 14.75" X 26.5" X 12.8" WHD.
I would send full payment for the speakers and the shipping to you in advance and add the $100 for the favor. It would be good if you could have a quick look to see that the condition is good,  and ideally to hear them play to make sure all the drivers are working—particularly the tweeters which would not be abundantly obvious if not working as a result of their high crossover frequency.

Any takers?

Thanks for your consideration,

Russell

You could PM me.
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2016, 06:57 pm by Russell Dawkins »