Hypex NC500?

spreadspectrum

Hypex NC500?
« on: 22 Jul 2015, 01:59 pm »
As I await a pair of your custom cases for my nCore 400 monoblocks, I couldn't help but wonder if you have given any consideration to building amps based on the OEM NC500 modules.

As far as I am aware, there are only a few amplifiers currently available that use this module (NAD, Merrill, and Acoustic Imagery), and only one of those produce mono-blocks.  Of course, the allure to Aluminati is the combination of your stunning cases with those modules.

Anyway, just a thought...

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Re: Hypex NC500?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2015, 05:52 am »
Hi Ryan,

Last year we spoke with Hypex about the 500 module but decided on a Pascal based board, which we now only offer custom case solutions.

We will leave this board for the taking.

These companies that produce amps using this board have so much to offer in sound quality but fall very short on case design.

Best,
Matt

sfox7076

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2015, 01:36 pm »
You should team with Tortuga to make enclosures.  You could blow the doors off what is available out there.

spreadspectrum

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2015, 02:11 pm »
These companies that produce amps using this board have so much to offer in sound quality but fall very short on case design.

Definitely agree, and understand your comments regarding the amplifiers. 

Tortuga (would love to try their balanced pre-amp at some point) is but one of a number of companies that could benefit from your eye candy.  And I think their case already looks good! Certainly the price would go up accordingly, but it is probably true that our subjective opinion on how something sounds is related to how it looks.  Whether we like it or not, there is value in appearance.  I will look forward to whatever future things you come up with.

Ryan