MAAC November 15 Meet

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
MAAC November 15 Meet
« on: 25 Oct 2014, 02:32 am »
Any interest?  This is the pretty much the only practical date for me between other obligations, Thanksgiving at the end of the month, and in the meantime watching the Redskins lose.  Tubes and planars will feature prominently as usual, and undoubtably the guest appearance of new audio piece(s).

If we have a quorum I'll do it. Otherwise you can find me the previous Saturday November 8th at the opening event of Command Performance AV in Falls Church, a new high end brick and mortar store. Better yet - come to both!

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Re: MAAC November 15 Meet
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2014, 03:48 pm »
Sunday.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2014, 04:34 pm »
Sorry - Got Redskins ticket that Sunday. If someone else wants to step up for other dates in November - please post away!  Saturday November 15th is what I have available.

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2014, 02:48 pm »
The 15th ought to work for me....

Roscoe

Robin Hood

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2014, 06:44 pm »
Thanks for the reminder on the Nov 8 Command Performance AV opening.  Nov 15 works for me too.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #5 on: 28 Oct 2014, 12:27 am »
So we got three + me so far. Rim, Rob, you in?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct 2014, 02:41 am »
Well I'll throw in a tentative.  Hate to make promises when I bailed last time, but right now don't see a problem.

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2014, 08:13 pm »
Jon,
I have a family gathering November 15 and cannot attend your get-together.  Thanks for hosting.  Have fun, guys.
Rich

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2014, 01:27 am »
Hi guys, just a reminder of the meeting this Saturday starting from 2 PM.  Just throwing this out again in case someone may not have seen the original post.

So far I have what seems to be three definite yeses, one definite no, and a whole bunch of maybes.  So if any of y'all know a bit better your plans, please let me know. And if you need directions or any other information, please also let me know via email or PM.

Thanks and see you soon!

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2014, 01:30 am »
I was just about to ask if it was still on.  I'll bring some micro brews and some toys.  Anything else you need Jon?

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #10 on: 13 Nov 2014, 01:36 am »
One last thing: please feel free to bring music. CDs and LPs would probably work best.  So far I haven't had an easy way to play Flac and DSD files, but I am working on installing J river media center 20 and I will also have an Auralic Aries to demo. But just in case those are not ready for prime time, the simplest way to avoid disappointment is to bring CDs and LPs.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #11 on: 13 Nov 2014, 01:41 am »
I was just about to ask if it was still on.  I'll bring some micro brews and some toys.  Anything else you need Jon?

Not really, thanks!  If you have anything special you want to drink or eat, make sure to bring it. Otherwise it will be cheap beer and cheaper pizza.

If there's anything in particular gear wise folks are interested in, let me know. I may be able to rustle one up. I will have some Grado headphones for leitroll.

pansixt

« Reply #12 on: 13 Nov 2014, 11:55 pm »
I'll be there. If you have any of the Grado replacement cushions at the shop, bring home a pair for me. I forgot to look the other day at the opening.
Thanks,
James

*Scotty*

« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov 2014, 03:25 am »
Thanks for hosting the meet Jon, good times and good sound, you can't beat it. Enjoyed meeting Letitroll98 in person and putting a face to the AC handle.
Scotty

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #14 on: 16 Nov 2014, 12:15 pm »
Thanks for hosting Jon, had a great time meeting everyone.  The pizza, beer, and company were great.  Some awesome setups you have there.  BTW the Grados sound even better at my home.  Maybe just synergy, but, like, wow.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #15 on: 16 Nov 2014, 10:17 pm »
Jon, thanks for hosting! So many systems, so much beer, so little time!

Robin Hood

« Reply #16 on: 16 Nov 2014, 11:52 pm »
Jon,

Thanks for hosting again. I slipped into the comfortable leather chairs in the basement listening to your Maggies and CJ equipment. Sipping some wine, playing some nice tunes from your music library and occasionally talking with old and new friends was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #17 on: 17 Nov 2014, 12:05 am »
Hey guys - thanks for coming over!  Glad folks had a good time despite the lack of happy octogenarian  napkins.

Dan - glad the Grados are working out. The Arcam Rpac DAC / headphone amp we were using is a $250 jobby - very repectable in its class, but I could see the RS2 benefiting substantially from a headphone amp more at its level.

Have a great Thanksgiving all & hope we get a chance to meet up again before years end!

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #18 on: 17 Nov 2014, 09:40 pm »
despite the lack of happy octogenarian  napkins.

"happy octogenarian?"  Of course, I don't know what you mean. 
Sorry I couldn't join you, but glad to hear that a good time was had by all.
Rich

Phil A

« Reply #19 on: 17 Nov 2014, 10:27 pm »
"happy octogenarian?"  Of course, I don't know what you mean. 

Rich

Glad you all had a good time.  He actually meant this - just a typo -