Our latest builds

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Our latest builds
« Reply #60 on: 19 Dec 2013, 02:14 am »
"We are working on a method to pair up that bass section with Cirrus so that Cirrus owners can have a truly complimentary bass bin for their speakers instead of having to try to integrate a sub."

And hopefully you can some day do the same with Arcus :wink:. A great TL bass system would be the ideal choice to extend the bass of those as well, IMO. Maybe something self powered would allow for matching output with the satellites.

Getting a TL sub that's able to keep up with the Arcus is a TALL order.  A monitor that's capable of 120dB output would require a sub to match, and that mandates something like an 18" woofer and a massive enclosure to reach to 20Hz.  But if you're happy with response to 30Hz, like the Joule bass bin, then something the size of nimbus would be about right.

WireNut

« Reply #61 on: 19 Dec 2013, 05:34 am »
What are the two small devits on the outside C/L of the tweeter on the Joule White's?

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #62 on: 19 Dec 2013, 06:10 am »
Very astute observation Paul.

Give that man a real cookie (not the web page kind).

Astute.....

Ya, that sounds just like me!   :green:

BS Aside, damn nice looking product there guys. I am still hoping that I get the money sooner than later.

seadogs1

« Reply #63 on: 19 Dec 2013, 01:12 pm »
Is there a spec sheet( freq response, sensitivity, power handling,etc) for the Joule White yet?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #64 on: 19 Dec 2013, 02:00 pm »
You're seeing his popcorn ceiling treatment reflected in the top of those black Nimbus.  Trust me, there's no veneer.   :nono:
Ok Pete, I trust ya. I could have sworn Ryan told me otherwise.

Bob

p.s. Hey...on a side note, I'll be firing up the smoker this weekend (Friday probably).
If you and Ryan wanna mosey down the street......
(I'll letcha know when I fire it up.)

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #65 on: 19 Dec 2013, 02:38 pm »
Indeed that is the case.  Bass from those TLs is among the best I've ever heard.  We'd love to have you by to hear them.  Alas, the only pair has now made its way to Minneapolis and its new owner.

We are working on a method to pair up that bass section with Cirrus so that Cirrus owners can have a truly complimentary bass bin for their speakers instead of having to try to integrate a sub.

Is the new owner active on this forum?   :drool:

EdRo

« Reply #66 on: 19 Dec 2013, 03:18 pm »
I'm with you, Bob! That looks like veneer to me!!!
 :P

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #67 on: 19 Dec 2013, 09:10 pm »
Is the new owner active on this forum?   :drool:

Yes he is, living in Minneapolis.  If you'd like to hear them, let us know and we'll pass along the information to the owner.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #68 on: 19 Dec 2013, 10:53 pm »
Yes he is, living in Minneapolis.  If you'd like to hear them, let us know and we'll pass along the information to the owner.

Sign me up please.  Those speakers are something else!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #69 on: 19 Dec 2013, 11:13 pm »
Yes he is, living in Minneapolis.
Who dat?  Frank Van Alstine?   :lol:

Scott F.

« Reply #70 on: 20 Dec 2013, 12:21 am »
p.s. Hey...on a side note, I'll be firing up the smoker this weekend (Friday probably).
If you and Ryan wanna mosey down the street......
(I'll letcha know when I fire it up.)

Pete,
Trust me on this one. Take Bob up on his offer. His self named "Simply Delicious" pulled pork is to die for.  :drool:
If you and Ryan don't stop by, I may just glue some blonde hair on my bald noggin and do a Ryan impersonation....not sure I'll be able to pull off being skinny though :scratch: :oops: :lol:

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #71 on: 20 Dec 2013, 12:53 am »
Is there a spec sheet( freq response, sensitivity, power handling,etc) for the Joule White yet?

We've taken a full horizontal set of sweeps (in room) at 10 degree increments.  I'm sure Ryan will be posting the on axis response before too much longer.

Joule should be able to work with just about any amplifier you can throw at it.  It's sweet spot is probably something in the 100W range, though we were doing most of the listening with a 40W SET.  Not sure if flea-power is the way to go, but with their sensitivity near 90dB/1W, something like a 2A3 might work, though I doubt you'd get the bass control that the TL is capable of producing.

MerRev

« Reply #72 on: 24 Dec 2013, 03:22 am »
you guys have made major strides this year.  Branching out with many beautiful speakers, SET monoblocks and by almost all accounts a really great showing at RMAF this year.     :green:

Local guys really are proud- congratulations to your successful year Ryan and Pete.   :thumb:

seadogs1

« Reply #73 on: 24 Dec 2013, 02:09 pm »
Am really enjoying my new Joule Whites!!! There is only one problem with them; everyone and I mean EVERYONE who has heard them never wants to leave they all just have to hear ONE more song before they go. Anyway, we should all have that problem. So happy listening and everyone have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #74 on: 24 Dec 2013, 02:19 pm »
Am really enjoying my new Joule Whites!!! There is only one problem with them; everyone and I mean EVERYONE who has heard them never wants to leave they all just have to hear ONE more song before they go. Anyway, we should all have that problem. So happy listening and everyone have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Hi seadogs1, what does your front Ed look like?

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #75 on: 24 Dec 2013, 02:40 pm »
Hi seadogs1, what does your front Ed look like?

That's awfully personal. . .

seadogs1

« Reply #76 on: 24 Dec 2013, 02:57 pm »
Hi! Here's my set-up: Purity Audio Design Basis Two Tube Preamp. Merrill Audio Veritas Mono Block Power Amps, and either a Oppo BDP-95 John Tucker Modified Disc Player or an Apple Mini Modified played thru a PS Audio Perfactwave DAC all feeding the Vapor Audio New Joule Whites. Pictures  of the Joules are the red ones posted here. Ryan may post pictures of my set-up at a later date.

Kiwicol

« Reply #77 on: 31 Dec 2013, 06:35 pm »
I am salivating at these gorgeous designs. Pete I know we conversed recently on email. I will definitely be ordering a pair of nimbus speakers this coming year and possibly matching with the arte forma gear. Living in New Zealand there is a risk involved in buying unheard, something I swore I would never do. I am totally convinced these are the speakers for me.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #78 on: 1 Jan 2014, 04:39 pm »
I am salivating at these gorgeous designs. Pete I know we conversed recently on email. I will definitely be ordering a pair of nimbus speakers this coming year and possibly matching with the arte forma gear. Living in New Zealand there is a risk involved in buying unheard, something I swore I would never do. I am totally convinced these are the speakers for me.

We are definitely looking forward to working with you.  We've got two upcoming designs to round out our lineup: Derecho, a floor standing stacked ply 3-way using dual 8" pro woofers in a two piece cabinet that will be priced just under Nimbus, and the new Perfect Storm which will begin taking shape in the next couple weeks.

Arte Forma is also coming out with a few new designs this year including an integrated amplifier based on the 805A-T SET.

PMAT

« Reply #79 on: 9 Mar 2014, 03:52 pm »
Hey! It's about time to get off your lazy butts and put some more projects on here.  :nono: slackers!
                     :D                   :D                      :D                        :D