D-200 Blowing Fuses

spence

D-200 Blowing Fuses
« on: 12 Oct 2013, 11:06 am »
I've had my D-200's for 4 years now, loving every minute of them, and last night one of them went silent, light out. I figured it was the fuse, so I put a new one in. It blew as soon as I plugged the amp in. I tried another fuse and got the same thing. Has anyone had the same experience, and is there a certain component that may be a main contributor to a blown fuse? There's a good tech in my town, but I thought I'd post here first before I let him dig into it.

Thanks,
Dave

dminches

Re: D-200 Blowing Fuses
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2013, 01:02 pm »
Have you tried plugging it in without any input or speaker connection?  Maybe there is a short somewhere.  Obviously Dusty would have the best answer to this.

spence

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2013, 02:25 pm »
Hi dminches,
  Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried without connections. I need to get some fuses first. I tried an old fuse I had (same amps & voltage) and it blew, then I pulled the fuse from the other amp and it blew too. Maybe Dusty will chime in with some idea of what I can check.

thanks again,
Dave

Mike B.

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2013, 05:04 pm »
Stop there. Wait to communicate with the manufacture.

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2013, 09:11 pm »
Best plan is to contact me early next week when I return from RMAF so I can help you trouble-shoot it.

-Dusty

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2013, 02:46 am »
Best plan is to contact me early next week when I return from RMAF so I can help you trouble-shoot it.

-Dusty
Yeah, this guy is busy!  Multiple rooms and no phone!   :lol:

spence

« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2013, 11:55 am »
Thanks Dusty - will do. Hope the show is going well.

Dave

UPDATE - The issue was a faulty output device in one of the amps. Dusty replaced them in BOTH amps for me, and added extra protection upgrades to boot. Both amps function like new and slam like usual. Thanks to Dusty for a quick turnaround.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2013, 01:47 pm by spence »