Mayweather signs six-fight PPV deal... with Showtime

dB Cooper

Six PPV shows starting with Guerrero. Worked with HBO for sixteen years, now it's sayonara. Even if anybody still cared about a Pacquiao fight, this means Officially Not Happening. Thoughts?
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8962874/floyd-mayweather-signs-pay-per-view-deal-showtime-cbs-fight-robert-guerrero-4

dB Cooper

Re: Mayweather signs six-fight PPV deal... with Showtime
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:24 am »
Guess nobody cares  :cry:

vortrex

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:44 am »
I think the public is giving up on him and his shenanigans.

dB Cooper

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:52 am »
Probably true, to say nothing of boxing in general. If you're right, Showtime could take a facial on the deal. The ever-classy Mayweather once referred to an HBO offer (more money than most people see in a lifetime) as a "slave contract". And now the Pacman fight is deader than Elvis, even more so considering the wrangling that always goes on between HBO and Showtime.

vortrex

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2013, 04:57 am »
Even if Manny is allowed one fight for Showtime, Floyd will beat his baby mama again or something to get out of it.  It's never ending.  The good thing is, with 6 fights left at his age I can definitely see him losing.  Unless of course he does more hand picking.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2013, 11:42 am »
I would have been just as happy had Floyd retired.  I will never pay for one of his fights because he doesn't respect his fans.  I am slightly intrigued by the Guerrero fight.  It might end up being entertaining as Floyd is slowing down a bit and less mobile and Guerrero is bringing the fight.

At least Mayweather wannabee Adrian Broner goes for the knock out after his idiot routine...

jimdgoulding

« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2013, 10:17 pm »
I won't buy a Showtime fight either.  Guess I'll have to HBO it.  We'll continue to see some good ones, I'm pretty sure.