Disturbing news about Hector Camacho

dB Cooper

Disturbing news about Hector Camacho
« on: 22 Nov 2012, 08:45 pm »
Hector Camacho has been shot in an apparent drive by type incident in Puerto Rico. The other person in the vehicle was killed; Camacho was initially reported to be severely wounded and has now been pronounced brain dead by doctors.

Camacho was such an exciting fighter on his way up. He adopted a much more play-it-safe style after his war with Edwin Rosario. He will be long remembered by those who saw him fight.

Sad.

jackman

Re: Disturbing news about Hector Camacho
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2012, 08:47 pm »
Very sad story. I'm sorry for this guy who gave fight fans so much excitement in his younger years.  His personality overshadowed his skills by I always liked watching him fight.

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2012, 09:02 pm »
It was the other way around early on. He became much more gun-shy after Rosario (although the big mouth remained). If you remember that fight, you know why. He took a pounding and many at the time thought he lost.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm »
It was the other way around early on. He became much more gun-shy after Rosario (although the big mouth remained). If you remember that fight, you know why. He took a pounding and many at the time thought he lost.
Saw it and agree.  Never liked the cat. myself, not that I would wish anything bad upon him.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2012, 11:27 pm »
Great fighter.  Stay away from drugs...

Wasatch

« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2012, 10:00 pm »
Sorry to hear this, a great fighter in deed.

dB Cooper

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2012, 04:42 am »
A whole bunch of his fights can be seen here http://sweetboxingvideos.wordpress.com/

mjosef

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2012, 05:23 am »
A very entertaining fighter in his day, enjoyed his flair back in the 80's & 90's. RIP

heathen

« Reply #9 on: 30 Nov 2012, 08:46 pm »
Sad situation indeed.

Back in the 80's he was my favorite and my dad was a Mancini fan. So it always made for some fun times around the house.

RIP!!