Football Picks

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Football Picks
« on: 16 Sep 2012, 04:35 pm »
No pool, no money, no points, nothing official, just throw 'em out there if you have the guts.

GB
Buffalo
Cincy
Minnesota
New Orleans
Houston
Oakland
NE
Giants
Baltimore
Washington
Dallas
Stillers
San Diego
San Fran
Atlanta

(I had GB picked on my pool, since there's nothing riding on it, just say who you picked then)

jackman

Re: Football Picks
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2012, 05:33 pm »
Can I pick my teams after the game as you have?  It's easier that way!

I like the idea but you should take green bay off your list. Even though we are only playing for bragging rights.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2012, 06:38 pm »
Super cool, and I agree. I'll post all of them for the remainder of games beginning next week.  :thumb:

Great idea, LIR98!! :beer:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2012, 10:08 pm »
Can I pick my teams after the game as you have?  It's easier that way!

I like the idea but you should take green bay off your list. Even though we are only playing for bragging rights.

Seriously?  I mean Really?  Jeez.  1st of all, what moron would have picked Chicago anyway, and second, I don't care enough to have not said I was dumb enough to pick them if I did.  I'm sure you can see I'm not all that bright judging by my other picks this week.  As noted, I picked GB on my regular pool before the game and the pick will stand.

As it's just for fun, anyone who picked a pool previous to the games is welcome to post what they picked anytime during the upcoming week.  We believe you.  But as I posted this pretty late on Sunday, it's really for next week.

Ok, there's a side bet, over and under the number of guys who will post 100% correct lists on Tuesday.   :lol: 

jackman

« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm »
Okay, here are my picks:

Green Bay
Carolina
Indy
Eagles
Miami
Arizona
Houston
Cincinnati
San Diego
Giants
Buffalo
Seattle
Jets (might change my pick in a little while)
St Louis (same here, I could go with the Skins)

I should go to Vegas!  This is my best week ever.

Just kidding.  I'll post next weeks picks legitimately before the games.

This is a great idea because we do have some guys claiming to have made picks with no evidence.  Not you but I've seen it.

Cheers

Jack

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2012, 10:23 pm »
Ok, there's a side bet, over and under the number of guys who will post 100% correct lists on Tuesday.   :lol:

Tuesday by what time?  8)

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2012, 03:28 pm »
Well you can see very little cheating by me last week with a dismal 9-7 showing.  So here are my picks for this week, I'm hoping to do better.  NFL predictors have Cleveland over Buffalo, but I don't believe it.  They also have Miami by a point at home over the Jets, but I don't have any faith in Tannehill.  Washington and Cincy are pick 'ems.  Detroit at Ten is another possible upset with predictors going toward Tennessee.  Az is one I'm believing the predictors on.  San Diego is a favorite on points spreads and predictors, but I like Atl in an upset.  Lastly, Seattle has .82 point advantage in predictors, another I'm bucking the trend on.  So basically I'm set up to crash this week, we'll see.

NYG w
CHI w
BUF w
DAL w
NYJ w
SF  L
NO  L
WAS L
DET L
IND L
AZ w
ATL w
HOU w
PGH L
BAL w
GB L (?)

« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2012, 10:30 pm by Letitroll98 »

jackman

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2012, 04:48 pm »
Okay, here are my picks.  Haven't checked spreads but who cares!  This is a crazy year and I expect more upsets. 

Panthers
Bears
Bills
Cowboys
Lions
Colts
Jets
Niners
Saints
Skins
Cardinals
Chargers
Texans
Steelers
Ravens
Packers

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #8 on: 23 Sep 2012, 10:36 am »
I've got to get used to Thursday night games... I would have picked the Panthers.

The rest are:

Chi
Buf
TB
Ind
NYJ
SF
NO
Ten
Was
Phi
Atl
Den
Pit
NE
GB

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2012, 10:40 pm »
I'm a dismal 9-7 again.  It really should be 10-6, with a win added to everyone who picked GB Monday night, what a debacle.  But it all evens out for everyone.  I wonder if the street payed the line on that game, and/or what impact it may have on next week's street betting.  And the power ranking predictors didn't have it any better than the rest of us, of the games I targeted as being upsets or unlikely's they got three wrong, two right, and a push on Cincy.  Flipping a coin would work as well or better.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2012, 04:25 pm »
I assume everyone is picking the Ravens tonite and so will I, more to follow.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #11 on: 28 Sep 2012, 12:40 am »
Yep, Ravens for tonight. The full list:

Bal
Atl
Min
Hou
KC
SF
Sea
Ari
Oak
Cin
GB
Was
NYG
Chi

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #12 on: 29 Sep 2012, 06:35 pm »
And the rest are:

BAL - Win

ATL
NE
MIN
SD
SEA
SF
HOU
AZ
CIN
DEN
GB
WAS
NYG

DAL

A couple of very tight picks.  Detroit is a 4 point betting favorite, but predictors have Minnesota by .3 points, betters might take the points and I'm going with Ponder in an upset here and with Detroit in my other pool.  Kansas City has dropped from a 3 point dog to 1 point, but predictors have SD a clear winner.  The Jets have gone from a 1 point favorite at opening to 4 point dog with the Revis injury report, predictors have it a virtual tie with SF favored by .12 points, another game you might take the points on.  Washington is a 1 to 2.5 point favorite with predictors giving Tampa Bay a 1.2 point edge, no one has a clue on this one.  And lastly a Sunday night barnstormer with the Eagles moving from a 3.5 point dog to a 1 point dog at home, they play the G-men tough and predictors have it Eagles by .2 points, but I don't think it will be their night.

Jerry, I think you're missing the NE-BUF game pick.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2012, 12:25 am by Letitroll98 »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2012, 04:47 pm »
Jerry, I think you're missing the NE-BUF game pick.

:duh:

New England.

Thanks!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #14 on: 4 Oct 2012, 03:52 pm »
The thread looks pretty dead now but I'll pick AZ for tonight with the rest later.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #15 on: 4 Oct 2012, 08:46 pm »
What looks dead is the Saint's D.  :duh:

This weekend has potential. Can Manning overcome Brady? Which Titans team will show up? Can RGIII deal with a defense as good as Atlanta's? Will the Jets go under .500 by an undefeated Texans? Will the Saints step up to beat Drew's former team? Are the Iggles for real?

Here we go:

Ari
Cin
GB
Bal
NYG
Pit
Atl
Car
Chi
Ten
NE
SF
NO
Hou

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #16 on: 7 Oct 2012, 04:03 pm »
Last week was a slight improvement at 10-4.  This week I'm starting off with one loss already with AZ tanking on Thursday night.  This week only two disputed games between point spreads and predictors (besides the aforementioned StL/AZ game).  Seattle and Carolina with the point spread favoring Carolina and predictors going with Seattle.  And San Diego at New Orleans with the points favoring NO and the predictors giving a slight 1.72 edge to SD.  So here's this week's:

AZ - Loss

CIN
GB
BAL
MIN
ATL
NYG
PGH
SEA
CHI
NE
SF
SD
HOU

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2012, 03:46 pm »
Here's this week:

Pittsburgh

Atlanta

Tampa Bay

N.Y. Jets

Cincinnati

Philadelphia

Miami

Baltimore

Arizona

New England

San Francisco

Minnesota

Houston

San Diego

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #18 on: 14 Oct 2012, 03:55 pm »
So much for picking the Thursday night game.  :duh: I wouldn't have picked Tennessee either way. Here's the list:

Pit
Atl
Bal
Cin
Ind
Phi
TB
Ari
NE
SF
Was
Hou
Den

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #19 on: 14 Oct 2012, 04:16 pm »
Yeah, Thursday night has been tough both to pick on time and, for me, to pick correctly.  It's almost easier just to record a loss and move on.   :icon_lol:

This week has a lot of agreement between the point spreads and the predictors with 1 dispute and 2 close ones.  Cleveland is a one point dog on the spread with one predictor giving Cleveland a 1 point advantage and another giving Cinny a 6.5 point advantage.  Washington is a 1 point dog with predictors at 2 and 4 points.  San Diego is a 1 point fav with predictors at 2 and 6 point advantages for the Chargers.