Lone Star Audio Fest 2010----Dallas, TX

Blooze

Lone Star Audio Fest 2010----Dallas, TX
« on: 2 Feb 2010, 04:24 pm »
The dates for this years LSAF are May 14-16. Rooms are $99 per night and the reservation code is LSA. To get the rate you will need to book by April 30th.

To book a room please goto this website:
http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/DALTXES-LSA-20100512/index.jhtml

or call 1-800-Embassy.

The direct phone number to the hotel is: 972-234-3300
and they can connect you to the Embassy reservation center.

Here is a link to the LSAF website: http://www.lonestaraudiofest.com/

The webmaster has not got the current exhibitors listed (they are last years), as I've just recently set the dates. So if you would like to exhibit please contact me and I will have you added to the list. Please don't feel like you have to be in the audio business to set up. We have a handful of DIY'ers that bring their outstanding systems for us to enjoy every year.

Admission for the public is free.  There is no charge for exhibiting other than the cost of your suite.

If you have any questions you can contact me at : lonestaraudiofest _at_yahoo_dot_com and I or one of the others in the steering committee will try our best to answer them for you.

Hope to see you all there this year!!!!

Shane
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2010, 10:00 pm by Blooze »

FredT300B

Re: Lone Star Audio Fest 2010----Dallas, TX
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2010, 01:30 pm »
This is a great opportunity for any audio equipment manufacturer or seller, and that's especially true for the smaller manufacturer who doesn't have the resources to cover the $ thousands it costs to exhibit at a major audio show. There's no exhibitor fee, and since the accommodations are two-room suites, you can exhibit in the front room and still sleep in the attached bedroom. So your total cost is only the $99/nite plus meals and travel expenses. Also, the scale of this show is much smaller, and you'll typically have one to three visitors in your room at the same time. This means a serious customer can audition your product in a quiet environment.  :thumb:

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2010, 05:48 am »
I have attended most of the Lone Star Audio Fest events, and will attend this one.  I think it's a great opportunity, especially given the unheard-of reasonable price for the show.

I would very heartily recommend Lone Star to any manufacturer who isn't up for spending the big bucks for Rocky Mountain or Stereophile or CES/THE Show.  You get internet buzz for your products, and you can link to that buzz when you have e-mail conversations with people. You have a reasonable chance of making a sale - and actually making money that weekend (you'd have to make a much bigger sale to break even at one of the other shows).  And you will make friends and business contacts, including contacts with members of the audio press (who will have enough time to actually sit down and listen to your stuff and get to know you).  That can lead to a review.

My wife and I do the show together, usually sharing the room with NTV Amplifiers.  Here are links to some eye candy from the 2008 show (we missed 2009):

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue37/lonestar_08.htm

http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=534

Now the BEST PART about the Lone Star show is... you DON'T HAVE TO BE A  MANUFACTURER TO HAVE A DEMO ROOM!  The price and policies make it totally accessible to anyone out there in DIY land who would like to showcase his or her handiwork.  And, for anyone contemplating crossing over to the Dark Side and becoming a manufacturer, here's your chance to put your stuff up against the pros and maybe raise a few eyebrows... and perhaps transition from hobbyist to part-time manufacturer.  Or just enjoy and promote your hobby (speakerbuilding, ampbuilding, vinyl, whatever) for the price of a hotel room. 

Duke

FredT300B

« Reply #3 on: 6 Feb 2010, 11:44 am »
AC member who are interested in the Lone Star Audio Fest are asked to participate in a poll I posted in the "Circle Proposals" circle. This is part of a revamp of the "Shows and Events" circle. In its new form the Shows and Events circle will include sub-headings for each separate event (LSAF, RMAF, etc.), and I have volunteered to moderate a new LSAF circle.

So if you're interested in the Lone Star Audio Fest please go to this thread and vote: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77260.0

DRCope

• Industry Participant
  • Wand 14-4 ‘table, wand arm, Dynavector, Pure Audio
    • Old Forge Audio
« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2010, 03:20 pm »
As I've indicated on the thread Fred linked, Audio Note will be exhibiting at Lone Star once again this year.

I expect to bring the new Jinro integrated amp - nearly 100bs of amp using 211 output tubes (20 w/ch) and interstage transformers - a copper analogue to the ONGAKU at less than 1/4 the price:

An M3 Phono pre-amp will enable us to play vinyl, although I'm not sure what 'table I'll be using. Also uncertain is which digital front end I'll bring. It will all be working its way to a pair of Audio Note E/Lexus Signature speakers.

FredT300B

« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2010, 03:37 pm »
I'll be there with a room featuring several icy cold texas-brewed beers, probably a combination of Shiner and Houston's own St Arnold. Ooooh, wait a minute, is this an audio meet? Ok, I'll have some kind of diy audio setup too.  :lol:

Blooze

« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2010, 11:07 pm »
I'll be there with a room featuring several icy cold texas-brewed beers, probably a combination of Shiner and Houston's own St Arnold. Ooooh, wait a minute, is this an audio meet? Ok, I'll have some kind of diy audio setup too.  :lol:

Any ideas on what you might bring yet, Fred?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #7 on: 9 Feb 2010, 11:38 pm »
My man.  Hey, Fred, you could pick me up on the way and I'll help you unload (your gear, too)! 

FredT300B

« Reply #8 on: 10 Feb 2010, 11:47 am »
Any ideas on what you might bring yet, Fred?

I'm waiting for the official LSAF circle to discuss the equipment I'll bring. There are several speaker possibilities. I do know I won't bring the $80 Best Buy Insigina receiver that Phillip Holmes praised so highly in his Dagogo review of last year's LSAF.  :lol:

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #9 on: 11 Feb 2010, 10:25 pm »
We're there dude. I just completed arrangements and will have three rooms with systems.  :thumb:

Nick77

« Reply #10 on: 11 Feb 2010, 10:48 pm »
We're there dude. I just completed arrangements and will have three rooms with systems.  :thumb:

Well now maybe its a perfect time to head north and check out the new OB's.  :drool:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: 11 Feb 2010, 11:05 pm »
Yep, and PI audio group will be there with UberBUSS power conditioning where needed and  I will be providing room treatments for GR Research rooms.  I'm really looking forward to this one.

Sounds like fun.

Dave 

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #12 on: 11 Feb 2010, 11:54 pm »
Dodd Audio will be there with lots of battery equipment for the 3 rooms with Danny and Dave. Maybe some exciting new stuff as well! :eyebrows:
Gary

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 12 Feb 2010, 12:03 am »
Dodd Audio will be there with lots of battery equipment for the 3 rooms with Danny and Dave. Maybe some exciting new stuff as well! :eyebrows:
Gary

You guy's are making it hard to stay away from the show! :)

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: 12 Feb 2010, 03:17 am »
You guy's are making it hard to stay away from the show! :)
Gosh, then don't!  Come on down.... or over.....or across............... whatever, just come  :eyebrows:

Dave

TrungT

« Reply #15 on: 12 Feb 2010, 03:23 am »
I will be there to lending hands.
 :eyebrows:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: 12 Feb 2010, 04:02 am »
I will be there to lending hands.
 :eyebrows:
Cool... we'll finally meet.  :thumb:

Dave

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #17 on: 12 Feb 2010, 04:03 am »
danny, gary, i work for beer and peanuts.
marvin

virtue

• Industry Participant
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #18 on: 12 Feb 2010, 10:19 pm »
We're DARN excited to join y'all at LSAF!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #19 on: 13 Feb 2010, 03:28 am »
We're DARN excited to join y'all at LSAF!
I'm darned excited to do so.  Gonna try to bring a few people with me, too.

Dave