"Available for Immediate Delivery" child board

jsalk

"Available for Immediate Delivery" child board
« on: 13 Mar 2009, 04:28 pm »
You may have noticed a new board at the top of our home page here. 

We will be doing some spring housecleaning soon and will have a few pairs of speakers for sale. I thought that rather than using normal threads, it might make more sense to have all the "available for sale" speakers in one place.

We haven't posted any yet, but this is where we will post all such speakers in the future.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2014, 03:15 pm by jsalk »

MichiganMike

Re: New "Available for Immediate Delivery" child board
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2009, 05:07 pm »
Jim,

This is a great idea.  I look forward to being tempted by exotic finishes on exceptional speakers that are available for immediate shipment.  Those of us with limited patience for delays inherent in custom fabrication appreciate a one-stop board being established for this purpose.  It is always fun to Window shop.

As a very satisfied customer that purchased your SongTowers in Hawaiian Koa after an audition in your home, it is good to see additional opportunities for immediate gratification.   

Mike

JP78

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2009, 08:51 pm »
this needs to be a sticky...possibly even the top sticky! :)

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2009, 09:14 pm »
this needs to be a sticky...possibly even the top sticky! :)

I believe it is "stuck" at the top of the page and isn't going anywhere.

- Jim

JP78

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2009, 10:19 pm »
jim - i know the childboard is stuck at the top, but i meant the notice that a childboard even exists...maybe i'm just a bit slow but even after seeing this thread it took me a few moments to find the childboard.

thanks

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2009, 02:10 am »
jim - i know the childboard is stuck at the top, but i meant the notice that a childboard even exists...maybe i'm just a bit slow but even after seeing this thread it took me a few moments to find the childboard.

thanks

Great idea...I was wondering about that myself earlier today.  Thanks for the idea!!

- Jim

jwes

« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2009, 04:37 pm »
deleted - found appropriate thread
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2009, 10:25 am by jwes »

Tone Depth

• Music Lover
    • SRLPE Wheel Works
« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2009, 03:15 am »
Jim,

Will you be removing sold speakers from the child board, or just let them accumulate at the bottom part of the threads?

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 17 Mar 2009, 03:37 am »
Jim,

Will you be removing sold speakers from the child board, or just let them accumulate at the bottom part of the threads?

I just thought I'd let them move down the list of threads over time.  Did you have a suggestion in that regard?

- Jim

MaxCast

« Reply #9 on: 17 Mar 2009, 11:45 am »
Suggestion.  Leave them in the Child board, but mark them Sold in the title line as they sell.

jsalk

« Reply #10 on: 17 Mar 2009, 12:30 pm »
MaxCast -

Suggestion.  Leave them in the Child board, but mark them Sold in the title line as they sell.

That was the plan!

- Jim

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:21 pm »
I didn't understand this as I'm not a regular in this forum. Could someone explain what is childboard?

BTW, someone in India is looking for speakers and posted about it in an India-centric online forum. Someone suggested Salk speakers  http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/18845-4-speakers.html#post259237
and someone else made a recommendation
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/18845-4-speakers.html#post259902

Is an audition possible in India?

ratso

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jun 2011, 02:35 pm »
rajesh, the salk "child board" is just is just an "add on" board to the regular salk circle. it is just called a "child board" to indicate that it isn't a seperate board or circle as they're called around here. jim started it to give people an easy to access place to find speakers currently for sale. as for auditions, it obviously might be hard to hear salks in india, but who knows - someone might pop up here that has some. i might add that you will find a large number of people around here (including me) who broke an 'audiophile' fundamental rule - we bought our salks without hearing them first, based on the HUGE amount of online recommendations (mostly on this board). i don't remember anyone being dissapointed, including me.

rajesh

• Live & Let Live
« Reply #13 on: 25 Jun 2011, 04:19 pm »
Thanks Ratso, that was helpful. Hmm, buying without audition :scratch:

Anyways, I don't even have the required moolah to think on those lines. :(