Apex dispersion is very very good!!

tdangelo

« on: 17 Mar 2006, 01:09 am »
I was listening last night and my back was hurting so I thought I'd lay on the floor and listen for awhile.  In the past when I did this I realized it was going to be like background music.  Man,  was I suprised!!  I put my head where the pillow is in the picture with my feet going toward the back wall - it was like have a good pair of headphones on, hehe.  I listened to a whole album like that (Free - Highway Remaster).  It was really incredible!  With my previous few pairs of speakers - no way - that was like listening in a different room!  I could actually get within 1 foot and between the speakers (at tweeter height) and have very good imaging and soundstage.  Pretty amazing dispersion!  I got headphones and bass the body feels as a freebe, hehehe   :D

« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2006, 12:11 am by tdangelo »

kfr01

« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2006, 02:06 am »
Fantastic looking system there!

tdangelo

« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2006, 03:57 am »
thanks ;)

RAW

« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2006, 04:04 am »
Looks great Tony.
Nothing like large ear muffs :mrgreen:

Midnite Mick

Re: Apex dispersion is very very good!!
« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2006, 04:38 am »
What size of room does one think is minimum in order for these speakers to breath?

Mike

klh

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2008, 03:49 am »
bump

RAW

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2008, 05:27 pm »
What size of room does one think is minimum in order for these speakers to breath?

Mike

Placement of the Apex III in a room is a lot less of a issue when compaired to the HT3 or HT8.With the HT3 and HT8 the sidefiring woofers can load a room very very hard if they are placed to close to the side walls.With the Apex III or the Apex LCR this is a issue but not near that of the HT3  and HT8 as far as room placement.

Now your question for room to breath!
We have the Apex III in a room 13ft x 40ft long with limited room treatment.The Apex III are placed 2ft from the rear wall and 3ft from the side walls.I would recommend 1-2ft from rear wall plus side walls as a min distance with treatment for first reflections on the walls.This room treatment can be used or not but for best imaging we recommend first reflection treatment as a min.
http://www.eighthnerve.com/
http://www.gikacoustics.com/

We also have customers who have the Apex III in a room 10X12 with room treatments as a must for this size of room.