Cascode PSU - Outputting two voltages?

skeary

Cascode PSU - Outputting two voltages?
« on: 13 Sep 2005, 11:08 am »
Hi,

(I'm not very knowledgable on electronics so this may be a very dumb question....)

Quite a while ago I built a preamp using a couple of the Cascode PSUs (for dual mono) and a DACT CT101 preamp module.  Now, I've been thinking of converting the preamp into a mixer by adding a couple of extra circuits (mixer, headphone) but the problem that I'm having is that the circuits I'm thinking of using require a different voltage (15V) to the voltage I'm currently driving the DACT preamp module (~20V).

I'm a bit reluctant to add more PSUs so am thinking of the best way to achieve what I'm after without compromising the sound.  The two options I can think of are:

* Use one of the Cascode PSU for the CT101 and one for the other circuits.  This will obviously not support dual mono operation.

* Add voltage divider circuits to achieve two sets of volatages for each PUS.  This is what the PSU uses anyway to select the voltage, right?  Are there any issues with doing this?  If I do this should I replicate the capacitors that (I think) follow the voltage divider circuit in the Cascode PSU?

Are there any other ways of doing this?  Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks!
Simon