Anyone know why Herbie never responds to phone calls or email?

brj

Re: Anyone know why Herbie never responds to phone calls or email?
« Reply #20 on: 20 Mar 2018, 02:28 am »
On a suspended wood floor, yes, you want to decouple the speaker from the floor.

Do the speakers have threaded inserts for the spikes, and if so, what are they?  (1/4-20, etc.)

jriggy

« Reply #21 on: 20 Mar 2018, 12:34 pm »
I have these speakers weighing 120 lbs each.  They have integrated stands that use 4 aluminum cones per speaker. But the cones aren't sharp and have 1/4" radius to them so they don't pierce the carpet. My room is suspended wooden floor.  I already have Giant cone/spike decoupling gliders that I can use but I don't think the radiused cones of my speakers will fit into the dimple properly. First of all, is it a good idea to use decoupling gliders to begin with?  Is there an alternative? Or am I better off letting my speaker cone just lie on top of the carpet directly? Herbie has these speaker cones that seem to work well but my cones are 3.5" tall which is the height required to work with the stand.  Does he make custom versions of the cones?

If Herbie or anyone else could chime in, I be appreciative. 

With the changing of the guard at this business and the lack of responsiveness, I would not count on a custom cone. Besides, I don’t believe Herbie’s ever did that.

To use your Giant Decoupling Gliders you could look at new spikes. And if you do not sit in near-field, than an inch or so height difference should not matter.

Check our Star Sound Audio points for some taller spike options, as well.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2018, 01:16 am »
On a suspended wood floor, yes, you want to decouple the speaker from the floor.

Do the speakers have threaded inserts for the spikes, and if so, what are they?  (1/4-20, etc.)

My speaker stands are such that the speaker cone has to be at minimum 3.5" tall.  It does have threaded inserts, but I'd have to check the size.

Dracule1

• Volunteer
« Reply #23 on: 22 Mar 2018, 01:17 am »
With the changing of the guard at this business and the lack of responsiveness, I would not count on a custom cone. Besides, I don’t believe Herbie’s ever did that.

To use your Giant Decoupling Gliders you could look at new spikes. And if you do not sit in near-field, than an inch or so height difference should not matter.

Check our Star Sound Audio points for some taller spike options, as well.

Star sound audio points... good idea.

vonnie123

deleted
« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2018, 07:23 pm by vonnie123 »