Congratulations on a beautiful build! Enjoy! :thumb:

adydula

• Restricted
Re: Bottlehead Mainline Headphone Amp
« Reply #41 on: 29 Mar 2018, 01:01 am »
Final Pix:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #42 on: 29 Mar 2018, 02:04 am »
Wow fantastic, looks perfect :thumb:

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #43 on: 29 Mar 2018, 12:04 pm »
Thanks!

With the Schitt Bimby I can have three inputs plugged in from SPIDF Optical, digital and USB Gen 5 and easily compare the same song across the three
inputs...to see if there is any real differences in the inputs.

With the dual inputs on the Mainline, I can have (2) different media source inputs and compare the same song, started at the exact same time and see or hear if there
are any differences in the (2) source setups.  I have an HP AIO to my Bimby, and a HP laptop I7 to a different dac, ODAC or HRT MSii+ and can tell if one or the other is
better, worse, or the same...

and then of course there is just plain ole listening!! lol...

Life is good!
Alex
 :thumb:

gefski

« Reply #44 on: 17 Apr 2018, 08:19 pm »
Bimby/Mainline = two thumbs way up!!  :thumb:

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #45 on: 19 May 2018, 02:08 pm »
Its over a month now with the Mainline BH amp and I have had a good amount of time to explore how it works with a wide variety of heaphones and compared to my other amps.

Each and every time I turn in on and play...its like there 100% from the get go...no waiting on extensive warm up, waiting for my ears to become accoustomed to the sound.

Other amps I hae both retail and DIY I always seem to have to get used to the "sound"....I tried to stay away from the Mainline for a week and use my other amps in
rotation and this am when I used the Mainline it was like "here I am....where have you been!!" lol

With the 600 ohm T1's G2, its about as good as it gets IMO, tonality, soundstage, accuracy, wonderful imaging and seperation...transients, decay, revererations, all the details in a recording
are there presented so well. I start listening to a whole cd instead of jumping around to find that song that makes whatever I am using sound "good".....

If you get a chance this is indeed a spectular TOTL tube amp....

Smiling alot...
Alex

Note the Mainline works as well with the high impedance headphones AND with lower impedance headphones as well....Listening with 32 ohm cans on low impedance settings and its as spectacular as the others on high.