FS: Von Schweikert Audio VR-5 HSE *Speakers*Reduced $2,999.00

Audiophile

Stop tempting me!!!

It will keep you up at night if you don't act now!  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :wink: :wink:

Audiophile

Price reduced to $3,199.00 and will now ship CONUS at buyers expense

jonbee

Just my 2 cents:
Albert really created a gem here.
As an owner of this model myself, I feel there is no speaker available today I know of that will provide this level of performance anywhere near this $, new or used. If I could get a better used speaker for twice this $ I'd consider it, but I've not found it. Don't want to pay up for Wilsons, Avalons, newer VR-5s, etc.? Try these. I often listen to more expensive speakers, some up to $300k, and I never feel shortchanged in musical terms when I come home to mine. They simply deliver the music in an unedited, natural way. You give up some extension at the extremes compared to some, but the clarity, naturalness and focus from top to bottom is very satisfying. They are also a reasonable size and weight, and an easy load for an amp.
Of course, YMMV.

Audiophile

Just my 2 cents:
Albert really created a gem here.
As an owner of this model myself, I feel there is no speaker available today I know of that will provide this level of performance anywhere near this $, new or used. If I could get a better used speaker for twice this $ I'd consider it, but I've not found it. Don't want to pay up for Wilsons, Avalons, newer VR-5s, etc.? Try these. I often listen to more expensive speakers, some up to $300k, and I never feel shortchanged in musical terms when I come home to mine. They simply deliver the music in an unedited, natural way. You give up some extension at the extremes compared to some, but the clarity, naturalness and focus from top to bottom is very satisfying. They are also a reasonable size and weight, and an easy load for an amp.
Of course, YMMV.

Thanks, and I agree with you whole heartedly.  I am moving up to the VSA VR-5 Anniversary MK II. They are brand new. Getting them directly from VSA.

I'm just about to the point of keeping them and have them replace my VSA VR-1's for surround sound.

Tubeburner

Tubeburner

Guys, this is a smokin' deal. I had excellent communication with Paul and was ready to pull the trigger and my surgeon called wanting to move my back surgery up one month. So my surgery is in a 9 days and the speakers have to wait. I spoke with Von Schweikert and they confirmed the build quality and sound. So don't hesitate because if I heal fast, these will be gone gone gone. :D

Audiophile

Guys, this is a smokin' deal. I had excellent communication with Paul and was ready to pull the trigger and my surgeon called wanting to move my back surgery up one month. So my surgery is in a 9 days and the speakers have to wait. I spoke with Von Schweikert and they confirmed the build quality and sound. So don't hesitate because if I heal fast, these will be gone gone gone. :D

Thanks Ernie!  Best of luck with your back surgery.

Paul

Audiophile

Hi all,

Still for sale.

Thanks

douglesc

Always the big question with out of production speakers, or even in production if the drivers are custom, heavily modded or changed.
The exact version of the Audax mids used (HM130Z12-8) were tough to identify and find, but I did obtain one for insurance. The Excel tweeter (T25CF001) is still made, I think, and this version of the woofers (Excel W17E-002) turns up used or NOS from time to time.
The mids are trickiest. They are amazing, but they've been out of production for a number of years. There are similar, but different versions (such as surround config, cone material and coating, impedance), but only Albert can confirm how close they might be sonically.
I believe these model #s are correct, but no guarantees. These are all quality drivers, and should last a very long time. There are lots of 50 year old speakers still in service, and without electrolytic caps there isn't much to go bad if they are not abused.
........................If anyone would be interested I happen to have 1 only HM130Z12 ,, brand new I would let go of...

nwmatt

are these still available ?

Audiophile

are these still available ?

Yes they are!!!

nwmatt

now the big question, can /will  you ship these across country?

Audiophile

now the big question, can /will  you ship these across country?

Hi nwmatt,

PM sent.

Audiophile

Still available!

Audiophile

Still available.

Audiophile

Hi All,

Lower price!!!

$3,099.00

Audiophile

Hi All,

There has to be someone out there who wants this fantastic deal??

Lower price!!!

Price reduced to $2,999.00 and will now ship CONUS at buyers expense.

Audiophile

Hi All,

There has to be someone out there who wants this fantastic deal??

Lower price!!!

Price reduced to $2,999.00 and will now ship CONUS at buyers expense.

Nobody????

dolsey01

Nobody????

It's just a Audio slow time, thing will start picking up soon.  I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.  I'm in the same boat right now.

Audiophile

It's just a Audio slow time, thing will start picking up soon.  I'm sure your patience will be rewarded.  I'm in the same boat right now.

Hope so!

Good luck with your sale!!