NYT Article on "Listening Clubs"

RPM123

NYT Article on "Listening Clubs"
« on: 31 Oct 2016, 03:39 pm »
FYI

I think it's a great way to get more people to experience Hi End sound, even if the listening set up may not be ideal...see location of seating in photo. I also like that a tube amp is being used!  :thumb: There is a similar concept in San Francisco at "Elite Audio Systems", that has a cafe with a stereo system and an adjacent show room with audio equipment for sale.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/31/arts/music/london-listening-clubs-spiritland.html

davidavdavid

• Music lover first, gear head second.
    • david.com
Re: NYT Article on "Listening Clubs"
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2016, 02:09 pm »
Listening Clubs can be of a benefit, but they should not be confused/conflated with the whole Classic Album Sunday series of events. I had the misfortune, when living in London, England, to learn far too much about CAS, more than I wanted to.

CAS is the epitome of hypocrisy and a blatant marketing exercise. In theory it sounds really great, the idea of waxing nostalgic (pardon the pun) but put into practice, the whole thing falls flat.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: NYT Article on "Listening Clubs"
« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2016, 03:31 pm »
I think anything that gets more folks to experience HiFi is a great thing... most people these days have absolutely no idea what's possible and have never heard a decent system. You can't want what you don't know exists!