Any news in the Low Wattage world?

Freo-1

Any news in the Low Wattage world?
« on: 23 Feb 2016, 11:06 pm »
There hasn't been any postings in this circle for well over a month.  Would like to invite folks who post in some other circles such as Omega and Wolf Audio to stop by the Low Wattage circle, and post some observations about their systems as a whole. 

The larger question is:  Should this circle stay open, or has it run it's course? 

Post your thoughts, and tell us what you think.

Folsom

Re: Any news in the Low Wattage world?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2016, 11:55 pm »
I'm really hoping some people that bought my PCB boards will post soon. I'm sure at least one of them owns Omega's.

OzarkTom

« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2016, 11:26 pm »
Everyone here should get on the Wolf Audio tour of their 1.5 watt tube amp. :thumb:

It is crazy good for the money.

Wolf Ear Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Wolf Ear Audio
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2016, 07:57 pm »
There hasn't been any postings in this circle for well over a month.  Would like to invite folks who post in some other circles such as Omega and Wolf Audio to stop by the Low Wattage circle, and post some observations about their systems as a whole. 

The larger question is:  Should this circle stay open, or has it run it's course? 

Post your thoughts, and tell us what you think.
I was not very aware of this circle until recently. I own a couple pairs of Omega speaker myself. My current mains are the Alnico Monitors, which I love. I also have their Super 3I, which is quite good and a bargain at its price.
Another speaker which is very good with low wattage amps is the Unison Max 1. It's a shame that it doesn't get more coverage, as it is an amazing speaker with very rich bass and mids. Not the cheapest thing in the world at around 7K CDN, but not unaffordable to the sort of people who buy SET amplifiers! It's on my very short list of speakers to own.

Bigtom

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2016, 08:42 pm »
I keep reading good things about the Wolf Ear amp. I own a Finale audio F7189 rated at 17 watts and i love it, I have a pair of Omega super alnico monitors on order, i am about 2 weeks away from receiving them