Birch Acoustics

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Birch Acoustics
« Reply #40 on: 23 Dec 2016, 10:02 am »

Just saw this. I am a bit more proud of my work these days. If you look at my posted prices and do the math, you will see that I charge $1000 over costs for a pair of floor-standers. But you get free shipping! Oh, yeah, shipping is part of my costs, isn't it. For what it's worth, I do sell a half a dozen sets a year.

It's a funny thing about audio gear. Once I bumped my profit from $500 to $1000, my unit sales actually increased. Seems that customers take a $2500 speaker more seriously than a $1500 speaker.

Bob
This is the Stereophile effect.

Bemopti123

Re: Birch Acoustics
« Reply #41 on: 23 Dec 2016, 12:20 pm »

Just saw this. I am a bit more proud of my work these days. If you look at my posted prices and do the math, you will see that I charge $1000 over costs for a pair of floor-standers. But you get free shipping! Oh, yeah, shipping is part of my costs, isn't it. For what it's worth, I do sell a half a dozen sets a year.

It's a funny thing about audio gear. Once I bumped my profit from $500 to $1000, my unit sales actually increased. Seems that customers take a $2500 speaker more seriously than a $1500 speaker.

Bob

I second the craftsmanship of Bob.  All the designs he has produced and of the 3 that I own, I can clearly see the marked increase in craftsmanship from my first commissioned pair that goes back to almost 12 years to his most recent that I just took delivery this year.   :thumb: