Arthur's Custom Stereo Ncore Cases

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
Arthur's Custom Stereo Ncore Cases
« on: 15 Feb 2014, 10:44 pm »
Arthur needed 4 stereo cases, 2 with connectors one way and 2 done the other way. The finish is called "Frost Black" and looks amazing in person!! Power switches were not pre installed because they are easier to install at the end of assembly.

Best,
Matt and Jas

Don_S

Re: Arthur's Custom Stereo Ncore Cases
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2014, 10:56 pm »
 :thumb:  Wish I had an empty pair just for eye candy.

ackcheng

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2014, 02:16 am »
Will certainly post more updated photos once the installation is complete! Thanks Matt! They are certainly beauties!

Arthur

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2014, 03:09 pm »
Those are really sharp.  I quite like the details.   

ackcheng

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2014, 12:51 pm »
Just received the chassis and open the box. First of all, I would like to thank Matt and Jas for their excellent work. The communication has been excellent and the metal work is extraordinary!!! They make every effort to keep the project on time with excellent results! The chassis is well protected in foams and the anodised surface is perfect!! it even comes with some dehumidifying packs - as if they know the humidity in Hong Kong is over 99% when these chassis arrive here!!  I elected to install the ncore myself as I would like to do some "wire rolling" later so I better get to know how things are connected myself. Matt is so kind to write a page of installation instruction manual to me!! Very happy with the chassis indeed and I sure will return for more projects!!!

I will post more installation image later on

Arthur

ackcheng

« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2014, 03:48 pm »

With the modules attached - Instead of using the stock cable for the PSU, I chose to use 14AWG cable. Not sure if the wide calibre would be of any help but at least it is not restricting the current supply. For the speaker output, I used flat wire ribbon for better contacts but then I can twist them. How this will not affect the sound too much!

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2014, 05:12 pm »
Looks great Arthur!!!

Have you had a listen yet?

Best,
Matt

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #7 on: 18 Mar 2014, 05:41 pm »
Very nice design! :thumb: BTW what's the brand of the speaker binding posts?

Thanks

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2014, 06:09 pm »
Very nice design! :thumb: BTW what's the brand of the speaker binding posts?

Thanks

They are the WBT 0703's :)

Very nice design, sturdy clamp function and nice price!

Best,
Matt

Brucemck

« Reply #9 on: 19 Mar 2014, 10:52 pm »
Very nice. Interested in your opinions on the sonics!

ackcheng

« Reply #10 on: 20 Mar 2014, 06:23 am »
Here is my initial impression: I have been using UCD 700 for some years and over time, I found them to be a bit more clinical compared to the class AB amp that I subsequently acquired. But the class AB amp has a problem of not quite enough. I jumped into Ncore with a leap of faith. When I switch on the amp, the first thing that strike is that it is very quite with a very dark background which is exactly what I want to achieve with this upgrade. The sound is also very musical with the right tonal balance without any loss of details. Compared to UCD, it is also more quiet I cannot hear anything with my hear next to the speaker driver. It is something I could not get from my previous UCD. May be the wiring is better with ncore but may also be the separate compartment with this new chassis.

The installation is very easy and the step by step instruction is also very clear.

vinchanity

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jul 2014, 07:48 am »
Here is my initial impression: I have been using UCD 700 for some years and over time, I found them to be a bit more clinical compared to the class AB amp that I subsequently acquired. But the class AB amp has a problem of not quite enough. I jumped into Ncore with a leap of faith. When I switch on the amp, the first thing that strike is that it is very quite with a very dark background which is exactly what I want to achieve with this upgrade. The sound is also very musical with the right tonal balance without any loss of details. Compared to UCD, it is also more quiet I cannot hear anything with my hear next to the speaker driver. It is something I could not get from my previous UCD. May be the wiring is better with ncore but may also be the separate compartment with this new chassis.

The installation is very easy and the step by step instruction is also very clear.

Hi Arthur, those are great looking amps. I'm interested in a stereo ncore amp like your build. Are you selling?

ackcheng

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2014, 01:26 am »
HI,

Sorry, I have no plan to sell them at the moment. But Matt may be happy to build you one!

Arthur

FloridaBear

« Reply #13 on: 17 Feb 2015, 02:25 am »
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I wanted to comment that those are gorgeous cases. Arthur, if you have the inclination, you may want to twist those speaker wires between the NCore and the binding post, per Bruno. However, if you're not hearing any noise at the speakers, it may not provide any audible improvement (in theory it should reduce noise somewhat).