Sold old shop- getting ready for the new one.

steve f

Re: Sold old shop- getting ready for the new one.
« Reply #20 on: 25 Feb 2013, 05:51 am »
It's getting a little too quiet around here. What's new?

steve

Guy 13

« Reply #21 on: 25 Feb 2013, 06:54 am »
Hi Blair and all Audio Circle members.
Yes, it's quiet in Blair's circle.
What's up doc ?
While I'm in your circle why not ask you a question that I had in my mind for some time.
With a tube amplifier (Niteshade NS10), for how much time can you leave it running with the volume control to minimum without any speakers connected?
Will it damage something?

Guy 13

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #22 on: 25 Feb 2013, 09:48 am »
It is better to have speakers attached while your NS-10 is running, but typically no damage will occur if you do not as long as music is not playing.

Good to hear from you both!

Yes, it is quiet here. We're in operation and making necessary changes to adapt to new things while we find someone to complete the new shop. It's a form of retooling.

steve f

« Reply #23 on: 26 Feb 2013, 04:58 pm »
Hope all goes well. Contractors are really quite variable in both on time & quality. I personally dread hiring people for projects.

Blair, Are any of your amps going to be used by exhibitors at the AXPONA show in Chicago?

And... Is your product line unchanged when the new shop is up & running?

Steve

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #24 on: 27 Feb 2013, 10:43 am »
There are going to be several changes and it will be latter on in the year regarding products, the web site and a few other things.

I don't know whether any amps will be exhibited there or not.

Don't get me going on contractors.  :evil:

Guy 13

« Reply #25 on: 27 Feb 2013, 10:56 am »
There are going to be several changes and it will be latter on in the year regarding products, the web site and a few other things.

I don't know whether any amps will be exhibited there or not.

Hi Blair and all Audio Circle members.
What kind of changes and what what kind of (New) products ???

Guy 13

djbnh

« Reply #26 on: 28 Feb 2013, 11:20 am »

I could see how you could feel that way.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #27 on: 28 Feb 2013, 11:52 am »
I'll go over the changes in the future- after they are finalized. It's going to take a little time.

Contractors: More on that some other time.

Thanks for stopping by- I hope you're all doing well.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #28 on: 12 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm »
I decided to go with a concrete floor- A plank style floor is considerably more expensive than concrete. Not only that- but the people who were going to install the floor were not going to do it appropriately.

The major issue right now: When the pad was made (using runner crush as a final application) the area was not graded properly and/or it was damaged during snow removal prior to erecting the poll barn. I believe the contractor will re-grade the pad. Afterwards, more stone will be brought inside and a 4" concrete floor reinforced with fiber will be installed. So far, I have not been guaranteed the pad will be graded. If not, I'll have to see what can be done to make them do it.

Moral of the story: When getting a building constructed, make sure you KNOW how it's supposed to be constructed! I am not a carpenter or mason and have been putting in time learning how it's supposed to be designed and built. Some good advice has helped as well. One more thing: When in trouble, get several estimates to get the job finished and/or repaired.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #29 on: 12 Mar 2013, 02:36 pm »
Might be too late, but I'd consider insulating under a concrete slab for an occupied structure a must...it'll pay for itself in time.

BTW, I'm a no BS remodeling contractor and would be happy to offer advice /opinions on casual basis if you have ongoing questions. Either here or offline.

Niteshade

• Niteshade Audio
« Reply #30 on: 13 Mar 2013, 04:23 pm »
I do appreciate your input and suggestions! I will post some photos soon of the interior and exterior.

Someone else suggested vertical perimeter insulation as well as the horizontal kind you mentioned. Two inch styrofoam for both. The horizontal would go in 2ft while the vertical will go up 6 inches.

The building is 24ft x 40ft.

After the floor is in, I want to have it wired.

Might be too late, but I'd consider insulating under a concrete slab for an occupied structure a must...it'll pay for itself in time.

BTW, I'm a no BS remodeling contractor and would be happy to offer advice /opinions on casual basis if you have ongoing questions. Either here or offline.