Re: BIG Axpona pics, enjoy
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2015, 11:52 pm »
The speakers are very well done.....

8) impressive rack...

eis

• Y M I
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2015, 12:04 am »
WoW   :drool: I'll bet you guys had the best sounding room! You certainly have the best looking.  :bowdown:

Eugene2

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2015, 02:10 pm »
Hard to judge best sound at the show, the large rooms have these big air conditioning units that seem to run all day, the unit in Ryan's room is constantly running.  While the smaller rooms and some suites seem to have units only for that room.  Also, judging speakers at shows is always tough as people are constantly talking in loud voices!!!  Many times it's the host that don't seem to get it! Ryan is still tweaking the crossover while those ceramic drivers are breaking in, especially the new mid.  The sound is big and upfront, they are probably even at this point the best dollar value for a state of the art speaker I have ever seen.  Once they settle n and the crossover is finalized anyone lucky enough to have space for these monsters is in for a treat.  Everyone is talking about the woodwork.  I was walking around the 12th floor and heard people talking about the Vapor room.  If you haven't checked out Verastarr cables you should, the cables always work well with Ryan's designs and the Lapizator Dac is fantastic.   :thumb:

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2015, 02:24 pm »
Nice job guys, those look really great.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2015, 02:28 pm »
Are they using the Lampi for volume control? I see the Lamm preamp now...

The PS look incredible! Would love to see them in a bigger room.

Trying to imagine what a 15" driver in a transmission line cabinet sounds or feels like...anybody care to describe?  :D

Eugene2

« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2015, 11:53 pm »
Are they using the Lampi for volume control? I see the Lamm preamp now...

The PS look incredible! Would love to see them in a bigger room.

Trying to imagine what a 15" driver in a transmission line cabinet sounds or feels like...anybody care to describe?  :D

I know he played I believe an 18 HZ note you could feel it and hear it!

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2015, 12:10 am »
Really great looking room!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: BIG Axpona pics - and now a video!
« Reply #8 on: 28 Apr 2015, 12:04 am »
... and here's a nice video recorded in 24/192.  Windows Media Player might choke on the audio, but QuickTime should play it just fine.  Music is a fantastic piece that I'll have to get a copy of, will post details of it when I find out for myself. 

http://www.vaporsound.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/Axpona15/ZOOM0027.MOV

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 28 Apr 2015, 12:21 am »
I'll have to get a copy of, will post details of it when I find out for myself. 

It's this. 

Maceo Parker - Life On Planet Groove (Live) Track - Children's World

Eugene2

« Reply #10 on: 28 Apr 2015, 02:17 am »
Yep, thats one of my tunes while I was DJing in the room.  Ryan, I have a couple extra copies will send one to you

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #11 on: 28 Apr 2015, 02:22 am »
Yep, thats one of my tunes while I was DJing in the room.  Ryan, I have a couple extra copies will send one to you

Fantastic!  I can't wait to cue it up in a room without a hurricane overhead  :)

Luis B

« Reply #12 on: 28 Apr 2015, 03:15 am »
Ryan, looking a the pictures or this awesome, atonishing, absolutly beatifull and big speakers, I can't help but remenber that when we decided to go for the original Joule design,the bigger speaker in the Vapor line  was the Cirrus (correct me if I'm wrong). And now look that pair of wonderful monsters! I feel really happy an proud for you. Congrats!

padgman1

« Reply #13 on: 30 Apr 2015, 12:52 pm »
Any comments from people who attended AXPONA on these fine speakers? It seemed Stereophile either didn't take the time to visit or didn't want to write a review.....but they DID get a picture of the bottom half of the Perfect Storm being wheeled out ( it looks like Ryan and Pete behind it - I'm right, aren't I?).....

jackmonster

« Reply #14 on: 30 Apr 2015, 01:37 pm »
I know I'm going to get people mad, but I went on Friday and they sounded Horrible!  Maybe they were not broken yet . Ryan did the same thing last year at Axpona - the Derechos sounded horrible on Friday.  Why doesn't he come with speakers that are already broken in?  You want value- get the Salk Exoticas at less than half the price.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #15 on: 30 Apr 2015, 01:51 pm »
I know I'm going to get people mad, but I went on Friday and they sounded Horrible!  Maybe they were not broken yet . Ryan did the same thing last year at Axpona - the Derechos sounded horrible on Friday.  Why doesn't he come with speakers that are already broken in?  You want value- get the Salk Exoticas at less than half the price.

One thing I like about Vapor, is that it isn't just a typical tall box speaker, with a new veneer, any one can do that. Ryan has a more refined look and style that sets him apart. And he is getting very good reviews from owners, after they have broken in and given them a chance to really settle in..

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #16 on: 30 Apr 2015, 02:21 pm »

We admit they were edgy Friday, but if you didn't come back Saturday or Sunday then your comments have no relevance to how the final product sounds.  There were a lot of new moving parts in the entire system, that's life doing shows.  But once thing settled in, we were very happy and impressed with what the Perfect Storm is able to do.

For instance, Wayne and Dennis came back multiple times throughout the weekend - http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/gtg-clubs-associations-audio-fests/120530-audio-expo-north-america-axpona-2015-show-report-4.html#post1188186

Walter was there on Sunday as well - http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/167205/2015-axpona-chicago-il-pictures

Everything Salk does is fantastic, nuff said.  We differentiate ourselves very obviously, in both execution and sound. 
« Last Edit: 6 May 2015, 03:12 am by Vapor Audio »

jackmonster

« Reply #17 on: 1 May 2015, 02:15 am »
I'm not trying to bash Vapor. I met Ryan when he brought the Cirrus' to Axpona a couple years ago.  Great guy- awesome speakers.  I just call them as I hear them.  Both of the speakers he brought to the show the last two years were not ready to be heard.  Why cut things that close?  Have your speakers broken in and ready at least a week before the show or don't bring them.  Would Porsche or Lexus bring a car to the auto show with the wrong rims or  the paint not perfect?

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #18 on: 1 May 2015, 03:16 am »
I'm not trying to bash Vapor. I met Ryan when he brought the Cirrus' to Axpona a couple years ago.  Great guy- awesome speakers.  I just call them as I hear them.  Both of the speakers he brought to the show the last two years were not ready to be heard.  Why cut things that close?  Have your speakers broken in and ready at least a week before the show or don't bring them.  Would Porsche or Lexus bring a car to the auto show with the wrong rims or  the paint not perfect?

"You call them like you hear them"... You seem very confused, one thread, the speakers are "horrible", the next thread they are "awesome".

You are a "troll"...and "jacking" threads is your style. "I call them, like I see them, too".....

V...

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #19 on: 1 May 2015, 03:57 am »
"You call them like you hear them"... You seem very confused, one thread, the speakers are "horrible", the next thread they are "awesome".

You are a "troll"...and "jacking" threads is your style. "I call them, like I see them, too".....

V...

Now now, I already admitted that Friday the room sounded a bit rough.  A lot of reasons, but primarily because we had about .5db too much energy from 2khz on up.  Saturday and Sunday were completely different, and as I already said, if you didn't hear the room on those days then you essentially didn't hear it at all. 

As far as taking it to the wire, I used to crew for a pretty major American LeMans team.  This was around 2002, Thursday we're up all night trying to get the new MTI sequential box fitted and just couldn't get alignment right in the Lola chassis.  So Friday morning around 5am one of the teams fabricators heads into Columbus Ohio (from Mid-Ohio raceway) to find a metal shop that can make a bracket "yea big by yea long".  About 10am he's back with a piece of metal in hand, and we have to be on grid for qualifying by noon or we don't get to run the race.  Well, we made it onto the grid by about 15 minutes, then went on to a 2nd in class and 4th overall finish. 

That's life of people who are always pushing, things go to the wire consistently because we make use of all 86,400 seconds in a day.  Remember us blowing the doors off RMAF in 2013?  Well, we got both pair of those speakers together about 30 minutes before we loaded up the car and left for Denver.  One of the speakers, we finished wiring the crossover while setting up the room in Denver. 
« Last Edit: 6 May 2015, 03:13 am by Vapor Audio »