New SoundStage review of E•200S

CIAudio

New SoundStage review of E•200S
« on: 5 Feb 2016, 04:39 pm »
Nice interview with Bruno Putzeys and review of our E•200S

" Imagine the mating of an incredibly quiet tube-amp dad and a very powerful, solid-state, class-A mom. Their child might sound like the CIA E•200S."

http://www.soundstagexperience.com/index.php/wesworld-menu/feature-articles-reviews-menu/706-chasing-bruno-putzeys-down-the-rabbit-hole-of-audio-and-discovering-the-channel-islands-audio-e-200s-stereo-amplifier
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2017, 10:52 pm by CIAudio »

charliehatch

Re: New SoundStage review of E•200S
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2016, 04:56 pm »
This review matches my experience with the E-200S driving my Triton 1s. Absolutely stunning. The review states that the idle power is 0.5 W. My measurements (Killawatt meter) show 0.5 A, which translates to around 38 W. Still only a light bulb's worth.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2016, 08:04 pm »
The review states that the idle power is 0.5 W. My measurements (Killawatt meter) show 0.5 A, which translates to around 38 W. Still only a light bulb's worth.

The idle power is specified at 32W, which is the power consumption when powered on but with no input signal.

The standby power is < .5W, which is the power consumption when off, but with the power control circuit ready to respond to either the front panel switch or the trigger input.

Steve

CIAudio

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2016, 12:41 am »
Yes, you are correct... that is "stand-by" draw, not "idle" consumption.
Idle (amp on/no signal) is actually 32 watts... Killawatt is not very accurate at low levels.