~SOLD~ EAR 869 SET integrated amp

Sense63

~SOLD~ EAR 869 SET integrated amp
« on: 8 Feb 2016, 08:51 pm »
~SOLD~

Here's a rare offering for an iconic SET integrated-- The EAR 869 is the most popular of Tim de Paravicini's designs and if you have efficient speakers, it may well be your final destination amp.  It's 15wpc are much more powerful than most other SET amps and have driven my 89db floor standers with ease.  The 869 SET is, as the name says, a single ended triode integrated built around the 519 pentodes. It shares the same output topology with its popular precedessor, the 859, but has a little more power (15W against 13W), sports a revised output transformer, and a modified input stage with one extra small-signal tube or valve as Tim de Paravici, the head designer of EAR, likes to call them.

These are rare on the used market and this one is in excellent cosmetic and functional condition....about a year old and conservatively rated.   
I won't go on and on about the sound, but please check out reviews online.  I've included one here:
http://www.inner-magazines.com/news/212/57/EAR-869-EAR-834P/

Retail: $6750    Asking: $2700

I've accumulated too much gear and need to downsize which is the only reason for the sale.  Having said that, the price is firm.  I also have additional pairs of NOS genuine Telefunken and Valvo EL519 output tubes for sale if interested. 

Shipping will be a flat $75 to the lower 48.  Paypal fee will be the standard 3.5% if the F/F option isn't used.  I would also be glad to meet someone for delivery if local to the N. Illinois area.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2016, 02:30 pm by Sense63 »

Sense63

Re: FS: EAR 869 SET integrated amp
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2016, 02:59 pm »
Bump for price drop.