Playing SACD ISO files with JRiver?

leftside

Playing SACD ISO files with JRiver?
« on: 9 Feb 2015, 03:05 am »
Ted has been so kind to provide ISO files of my SACD's. I've been trying to play them with JRiver this evening, but so far with no luck.

Is there something special I have to do to enable playing of these ISO files? When I try and play the ISO file I don't even get an error with JRiver. Nothing happens.

Do these files need to be mounted as with typical ISO files? I tried that, but it didn't seem to work either.

I'm currently using a NON DSD DAC, so JRiver will need to downsample. In the output format menu of JRiver I configured any input setting above 192,000 Hz to output to 192,000 Hz.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Playing SACD ISO files with JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2015, 03:20 am »
No mounting or anything.  Make sure you are choosing the 2 channel tracks (which are usually the first set of tracks in the ISO).  Make sure your sample rate changes you mentioned above are now being used (i.e output format is checked off in DSP menu).

Once you get it working do this trick:
create a view for ISOs and keep them from showing you the multichannel tracks.
filetype is SACD, channels less than or equal to 2.

leftside

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2015, 05:23 am »
That view looks useful. I see iso as a filetype when adding a rule, but not sacd.

I tried adding the iso files to the "Playing Now". Now at least I get an error message. When I choose "Play" I get the following error message:

'Something went wrong with playback.
Details:
The media type 'Data' is not supported.'

leftside

« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2015, 05:48 am »
I downloaded Foobar and the iso plugin. Foobar plays the files with no problem. I think there must be a problem with my JRiver installation. I'll reinstall tomorrow.

I haven't had time to play around with Foobar, but the files are only being output at 44100 Hz. I'll have another play tomorrow :)

leftside

« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2015, 11:25 pm »
I had to import the files. Usually I just directly play from the hard drive and I use the file system to organize my files Genre/Artist/Albums.

I can now also see "sacd" as I file type for that custom audio view. That works very well thanks.

Audio Path shows the following:
Input: 352.8kHz 64 bit 2ch from source format SACD

Changes: Adjust volume by -10.0 dB for volume leveling
Resample from 352.8kHz to 192kHz

Output 192kHz 32bit 2ch using ASIO (not using enough bits to output the input directly)

My DAC is showing 192 as the Sampling Frequency KHz and 32 Bit Depth on the display.

The files sound really good. Sound stage and imaging is excellent. Looking forward to getting my new DSD DAC and new HTPC.