¿Schiit Eitr (or similar) with Nuprime Dac-10?

reillyzing

¿Schiit Eitr (or similar) with Nuprime Dac-10?
« on: 6 Nov 2017, 12:10 pm »
I'd like to know if any of you have found it beneficial to add a Schiit Eitr or similar USB to S/PDIF converters when using the Nuprime's USB input.
The computer I'm currently using is just a basic off the shelf tower.

rustydoglim

Re: ¿Schiit Eitr (or similar) with Nuprime Dac-10?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2017, 01:02 pm »
Doesn't make sense to covert from USB to SPDIF.

reillyzing

« Reply #2 on: 6 Nov 2017, 01:15 pm »
Thanks, and would also love to read about the experiences of others.

in1unison

« Reply #3 on: 6 Nov 2017, 02:19 pm »
Eitr was designed as converter for (very?) old USB board DACs. NuPrime DAC-10 is not in that category. I think you would be better served with Schiit Wyrd. However, try to demo at home and than trust your ears.

jonbee

« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2017, 03:37 pm »
I use MF link 192s on both of my DAC10Hs, as it does improve the sound. I found the same with other DACS, such as NAD M51. I suspect it may have to do with galvanic isolation of the source PC, not reclocking or other functions, as the older MF links did not provide isolation and did not provide nearly the benefit.

slash71

« Reply #5 on: 7 Nov 2017, 12:37 am »
my primary source is an Auralic Aries Femto connected to  DAC 10H. it provide SPDIF RCAand also USB connection, both  with  DSD64 or 384k capable  rates .
I listen a difference with a favourable "air and presence" using SPDIF RCA instead of USB. 
I started to build my own USB cables with little EMI /ESD filter circuit ( https://assets.nexperia.com/documents/application-note/AN11882.pdf )  and ,despite the sound I heard with standard USB cable is not bad , in my opinion this stage give better substance and fulness @ music.   

@jonbee: I think spdif is a nice legacy interface ,  but usb with some step-up achieve better results in digital domain ..

JackD

« Reply #6 on: 7 Nov 2017, 01:18 am »
Try a W4S Recovery.  I found them to have positive results in both system.  Not hard to find used.

christopher-h

« Reply #7 on: 7 Nov 2017, 03:49 pm »
I use an Allo USBridge between HP computer and DAC-9.  It is configured as a Roon Bridge but that is just one of various options.  Apparently competes with the Rendu and SOTM devices but I have not compared myself.  The sound though is terrific!.  Good thread on computer audiophile about this device.  $149.  Good value to performance ratio.

Regards, Chris