gab

Bob Brines shut down his business
« on: 4 Aug 2017, 05:55 pm »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Bob Brines shut down his business
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2017, 07:28 pm »
Bummer.

Ever since JLM mentioned his designs, it's been in the back of my mind to someday try out one of his speakers.

bacobits1

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2017, 09:42 pm »
Sorry to see this happen. I had a pair of his FT100 when they were 80 lbs each. Bob was building them from mdf at the time. I had them during my low watts Decware years and beyond.
Best wishes Bob!!!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2017, 10:10 pm »
Sad news.The world wide fullrange community is a small group of afew thousand of people that know the thuth of a single cone speaker, less is more.
Very thanks for your effort Bob.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2017, 10:22 pm »
Commissioned the first M18-F200's from Bob in 2004, which was soon after he'd retired from his "real" job, so I can understand being ready to retire from his speaker business.  He offered MLK designs and good workmanship at very competitive prices.  Bob was a reliable source for advice and answers.  I greatly appreciated everything he's done to help me out.

I hope all the best for Bob.

Bemopti123

« Reply #5 on: 5 Aug 2017, 02:17 am »
Commissioned the first M18-F200's from Bob in 2004, which was soon after he'd retired from his "real" job, so I can understand being ready to retire from his speaker business.  He offered MLK designs and good workmanship at very competitive prices.  Bob was a reliable source for advice and answers.  I greatly appreciated everything he's done to help me out.

I hope all the best for Bob.

More than a money making venture, I believe it was a labor of love.  I was able to see his designs improved upon since my first order of a pair of FT200 speakers from him and than later, a pair of standard bass reflex speakers and finally, about 2 years ago a pair of full range speakers with a helper 8" woofer for the lows, all with his TL calculations.  Sad to see him go and wish him to still participate in forums from time to time.   :thumb:

richidoo

« Reply #6 on: 5 Aug 2017, 02:55 am »
I loved building and listening to his TB1772 speaker. Congrats and best wishes on 2nd retirement!

Klorenz

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jan 2018, 05:37 am »
I am interested in purchasing a set of plans from Bob for one of his designs. Is there still a way to contact him for dimensions, port and driver placement for the Tang Band W8-1772 mass loaded box?

richidoo

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2018, 06:44 pm »
Try this email he posted on diyaudio.com  if no luck, PM me.

Klorenz

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2018, 05:35 am »
Thank you for the assistance. I’ll give this address a try. It sounds like Bob is still active, just in other directions.

Klorenz

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jan 2018, 12:42 am »
Settings don’t allow me to PM, but I had no luck with the email in the post.