Sennheiser HD800S Questions/Suggestions

Randy Myers

Sennheiser HD800S Questions/Suggestions
« on: 1 Sep 2016, 03:10 pm »
Just a couple quick questions on the HD800S...

Anyone know why Sennheiser suggests hanging up the cable after use the first few days, afterwards loose coiling for storage is fine?

Does anyone store the headphones in the really nice storage box that is included, or do you simply hang them on a stand?

After first night listening to them, so far I am very impressed...

weatherman1

Re: Sennheiser HD800S Questions/Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2016, 06:00 pm »
I have found with many of my own headphone cables it helps to hang them vertically occasionally to allow gravity to straighten out the sheathing, wire, and reduce the inevitable kinks that occur.  Not familiar with the 800S box but if the cable was neatly folded when you unpacked perhaps they think it needs to relax.  I own at present 7 differing headphones and they just hang around waiting patiently to be express themselves.  Enjoy your music!

Randy Myers

« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2016, 06:39 pm »
Thank you for the input!

AgentOrange

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2016, 12:20 am »
I am a speaker guy, but this month picked up Sennheiser HD 700.  I am impressed.

Randy Myers

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2016, 01:01 am »
So far I am impressed with the HD800S.  Still getting used to them of course, but they are about the best sounding most comfortable headphones I have ever had on. 

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2016, 03:15 am »
I have found with many of my own headphone cables it helps to hang them vertically occasionally to allow gravity to straighten out the sheathing, wire, and reduce the inevitable kinks that occur.  Not familiar with the 800S box but if the cable was neatly folded when you unpacked perhaps they think it needs to relax.

I think this is basically it. Take out the "memory" of a tightly folded cable.

Afterwards, learn the over/under method of coiling cables (also known as the "roadie wrap").

Randy Myers

« Reply #6 on: 2 Sep 2016, 05:33 am »
Thanks guys.  That make sense!