WR-100 and DLNA server issues

rustydoglim

Re: WR-100 and DLNA server issues
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jan 2017, 04:45 pm »
Qobuz late Feb, Tidal next.
MQA is just the format. If you have MQA files on DLNA server, WR-100 will be able to access.

pixelmixture

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jan 2017, 11:16 am »
support of hires services like tidal, qobuz for instance would be awesome ... don't know if the hardware is abble to support MQA though

pixelmixture

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jan 2017, 06:57 pm »
Qobuz late Feb, Tidal next.
MQA is just the format. If you have MQA files on DLNA server, WR-100 will be able to access.

MQA is doing it's origami compression and only compatible dacs are able to decode it ... while tidal is already giving MASTER ( mqa ) quality albums it would be great to be able to use my beloved WR100 to decode it and benefit of the full quality

zwizardofoz

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 2017, 07:51 am »
If you use the Tidal desktop App its should unfold the to the next quality level in MQA ... the second tier requires an MQA ready DAC or perhaps optionally some other SW/HW combo

pixelmixture

« Reply #24 on: 23 Jan 2017, 11:15 pm »
i would have hope that a WR100 firmware upgrade would allow the full MQA decoding... fingers crossed

echim

« Reply #25 on: 7 Feb 2017, 12:10 pm »
Greetings.

Is there any video of using WR-100 with iOS app? I would like to see the user experience (responsiveness, design) on real example, not screenshots.

Also is there any news about new firmware update for WR-100 or maybe details about upcoming WR-300 ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #26 on: 8 Feb 2017, 02:41 pm »
Qobuz support should be released by end of Feb.  It is going through final QC.
The WR-100 is very easy to use, you can download the app (but won't do anything unless it detects WR-100).
When you first power up WR-100, it should be in router AP mode with a default SSID.  Connect your phone to this WiFi network.
Starts up the browser and it will automatically take you to the WR-100 configuration page to enter your home/work WiFi SSID and password. Then it will restart and connect in client mode to your home network. That's it.

Most people use WR-100 with online streaming service and don't even use its own app.  WR-100 is recognised as a speaker within Spotify app.

JGeorge027

« Reply #27 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:08 am »
I turned on the native Windows 10 DLNA media server on my laptop to try it out with my WR-100.  The WR-100 isn't recognizing it.  I get a "There are currently no Media Servers discovered on your network" error.  Do I need to do anything else or should the simple config change in Win10 be enough?  I did restart the WR-100.

Any suggestions?

rustydoglim

« Reply #28 on: 9 Feb 2017, 10:25 am »
Is your WR-100 connected to your network and you can stream music to it?
And it can recognise other DLNA servers ?
WR-100 can recognise Synology, Plex, Logitech, JRiver Media Center, and probably others that we have not tested.

rustydoglim

« Reply #29 on: 10 Feb 2017, 10:04 pm »
It turns out to be a firewall blocking issue. It is working now.

damguz

« Reply #30 on: 17 Feb 2017, 10:30 pm »
i would have hope that a WR100 firmware upgrade would allow the full MQA decoding... fingers crossed

with this news, we may see more DAC / streamers manufaturers jumping into the MQA bandwagon

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/mqa-and-universal-music-group-collaborate-on-advancing-hi-res-on-demand-streaming/

"Universal Music Group announced that it would offer its catalog as MQA-encoded streaming files. Universal controls the largest, richest, and most diverse music archive in the world, including the catalogs of Capitol Records, Decca, EMI, A&M, Verve, Geffen, Motown (to name a few), in addition to the vast catalog of music and artists under the Universal name. With Universal joining Warner Music Group in offering its catalog in MQA, MQA appears to have reached critical mass."

jandre

« Reply #31 on: 2 Apr 2017, 02:55 pm »
Hi,

Is there any news on Tidal integration yet?

Regards

Jandre

rustydoglim

« Reply #32 on: 7 Apr 2017, 07:51 pm »
If you are using the iOS and Android streaming app, you have to wait much longer.  We just completed Qobuz and it is in the approval process for release.
If you rely on PC to stream TIDAL, you can use the new WR-200 streamer (estimate to ship late July 2017) that can take USB audio as input to streaming to other WR-100 receivers and AllPlay speakers.

Here's the difference:
WR-100 : need iOS and Android app for streaming from DLNA or online (Spotify, Qobuz) to WR-100 receiver.  Tidal to be added later.
WR-200:  it has all the features of WR-100, plus USB and optical inputs for streaming to other WR-100 and WR-200 receivers. That means with WR-200, you can stream anything that are running on CD Player, PC or Mac to other receivers.  WR-200 is expected to retail for $199.

rustydoglim

« Reply #33 on: 13 Apr 2017, 11:29 am »
To my surprise, Tidal and Qobuz have been implemented already!!!
I just saw a pre-release version of the app with Tidal service.
Stay tune for more news soon.

jandre

« Reply #34 on: 16 Apr 2017, 05:54 pm »
That is great news  :D

CharlesKu

« Reply #35 on: 3 Dec 2017, 05:47 am »
could wr100d support youtube later on ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #36 on: 6 Dec 2017, 03:55 pm »
WR-100D or other similar devices are DLNA receiver (technical term is DLNA renderer). Therefore the support is not within WR-100 but depends on how the applications stream to other devices. Youtube is written to play on local devices, it doesn't know how to stream to DLNA receiver.

mfwalker1

WR-100 no Internet Radio
« Reply #37 on: 4 Jun 2021, 09:14 am »
Hi,
I guess this is an outdated device, but I set my WR100 up with the DStream app, and I can play networked music, however the internet radio won't play with a  message starting with "the device is incompatible with streaming services..."
Any way to make the internet radio work?
Regards,

rustydoglim

« Reply #38 on: 9 Jun 2021, 01:38 am »
Unfortunately D-Stream has ceased development and they no longer provide support for the software, ie no more update. :cry:
Contact us when Stream Mini is out in August if you want to "trade-in" it for a discount (you can keep the WR-100).

mfwalker1

« Reply #39 on: 9 Jun 2021, 01:50 am »
Unfortunately D-Stream has ceased development and they no longer provide support for the software, ie no more update. :cry:
Contact us when Stream Mini is out in August if you want to "trade-in" it for a discount (you can keep the WR-100).

Thanks for the reply.
I'll check out the Stream 9 Mini when it appears.