UberBuss verses ?

loving_it

Re: UberBuss verses ?
« Reply #40 on: 27 May 2015, 01:33 pm »
The UberBuss was a great improvement for me in my system , thanks again Dave .

Early B.

« Reply #41 on: 27 May 2015, 01:41 pm »
What's the Audible Difference?

Yeah, I want to know, too.

xsb7244

« Reply #42 on: 27 May 2015, 06:04 pm »
On the internet there are many many comments or reviews by owners that for the price the UberBUSS is the one to buy.  For some products it may get great reviews but the reviews are very few.  The Audible Difference will be expensive.  Better than the UberBUSS?  Looking forward to the Audible Difference.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #43 on: 28 May 2015, 01:10 am »
Hi Dave,

Can you supply UberBUSS (or MajikBUSS may be enough) for export at 230V with European receptacles?

Yitzhak

P.S. How's your health these days?
Hi, Yitzhak.  I do indeed have a 250VAC version.  I will PM you.

My health?  It's complicated, but I am mostly good.  Thanks for asking. :D

DaveBSC

« Reply #44 on: 30 May 2015, 06:00 pm »
If you don't want to spend more than $500, get a Minibuss. What the competition offers for less than $500 is embarrassing. Basically you get what amounts to a TrippLite in a fancy case, and that sort of stuff absolutely destroys musicality and dynamics. Literally worse than nothing. If you want to pay an extra $400 for the case...

Folsom

« Reply #45 on: 30 May 2015, 09:25 pm »
If you don't want to spend more than $500, get a Minibuss. What the competition offers for less than $500 is embarrassing. Basically you get what amounts to a TrippLite in a fancy case, and that sort of stuff absolutely destroys musicality and dynamics. Literally worse than nothing. If you want to pay an extra $400 for the case...

The irony is that some of those parts are good, others are bad, FOR SOUND.

A big expense for power conditioning is the enclosure, connectors, and assembly. Maybe not as big as some of the tags out there...

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #46 on: 30 May 2015, 09:49 pm »
Bottom line - the UberBUSSes are killer... I have two in my personal systems... and I wouldn't be caught without one in the numerous Audio shows I've participated in... Yeah, they're that good!

My $0.02,
Pete

Audioclyde

« Reply #47 on: 30 May 2015, 10:25 pm »
I have a UberBuss and a MiniBuss; also use a Balanced Power Technology unit (and have an Equitech which isn't in service as I need to replace the receptacle that has the GFI). Bottom line, despite the Buss units being significantly less expensive, there is no way I'd live without them now (and I can and do forego the BPT and Equitech at times). Dave's prices are remarkably sane in the context of our hobby, truly deliver, plus Dave is one of the nicest guys I e dealt with in audio.

Even though we've never met I person, I consider Dave (and Gayle by extension) true friends and his wise counsel and caring have been immense help to me over the past few years in dealing with completely non-audio personal issues.

OK, I'll stop 'gushing' now but couldn't help myself from sharing my insight/opinion about the man and his products.

Randy

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #48 on: 4 Jun 2015, 08:00 pm »
What's the Audible Difference?
The Audible Difference is a joint effort between Triode Pete and me.  It will be a completely modular, total approach to power conditioning that addresses every aspect of power treatment appropriate for audio/video usage... worldwide - without modification.  New, dedicated Triode Wire Labs cable, of course.

BIG performance, but pricey.  You can't build a cheap blivet.

Formal introduction is slated for RMAF.  See you there  8)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #49 on: 17 Jun 2015, 02:41 pm »
   Try it for yourself . If you live in the NYC , Jersey, Conn area A home demo can be had from Rollo. TWL products as well. Yes I use two for my personal system fed by TWL 7plus PC.

charles

jimdgoulding

« Reply #50 on: 17 Jun 2015, 04:33 pm »
I love designers who are value conscientious  What's original about throwing money at a design or product.  How much experience does it take to write a check.  I hear components that are finer than mine for one reason or another but it's the end game that matters most around here and mine starts with an UberBUSS.  The presentaion of music in my listening room is quiet, open and alive sounding. 

I'm going over to a boy's house in a minute whose has somewhere around 500k in his system.  If I can remember I'll ask him what conditioner he is using and how he arrived at that particular one.  If I can get up the nerve, I'll ask him if I can demo mine in his system and see what the both of us think.  Bye for now.  Keep up the good work, Dave.

jhm731

« Reply #51 on: 17 Jun 2015, 07:48 pm »
I love designers who are value conscientious  What's original about throwing money at a design or product.  How much experience does it take to write a check.  I hear components that are finer than mine for one reason or another but it's the end game that matters most around here and mine starts with an UberBUSS.  The presentaion of music in my listening room is quiet, open and alive sounding. 

I'm going over to a boy's house in a minute whose has somewhere around 500k in his system.  If I can remember I'll ask him what conditioner he is using and how he arrived at that particular one.  If I can get up the nerve, I'll ask him if I can demo mine in his system and see what the both of us think.  Bye for now.  Keep up the good work, Dave.

Have you watched this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITkuBgFtTjs

DaveBSC

« Reply #52 on: 20 Jun 2015, 08:14 pm »

Interesting, I'm curious how this will turn out. All due respect to Furman, but most of their stuff at least below the IT Reference models still sounds pretty much like Panamax and most of the other guys - not great. Also, I don't know anybody who uses Audioquest power cords, or designs their cords the way AQ does. I wonder if this guy will redesign those as well.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #53 on: 20 Jun 2015, 10:01 pm »

Yep, I did.  Lived most of it, too.  8)

arthurs

« Reply #54 on: 20 Jun 2015, 10:07 pm »
 :wave:  Hi Dave!

Folsom

« Reply #55 on: 21 Jun 2015, 02:13 am »
Yep, I did.  Lived most of it, too.  8)

The only interesting thing he mentioned was that you need a $50k machine to make capacitors be burned in nearly instantly. Sure, that's freaking awesome. His example of ground noise is so freaking stupid, even though he's correct that you essentially can't just ground RFI by being connected to ground because the frequency is much too high for a direct wire. Ironically the bigger the antenna the better the reception, mostly.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #56 on: 21 Jun 2015, 03:24 am »
The only interesting thing he mentioned was that you need a $50k machine to make capacitors be burned in nearly instantly. Sure, that's freaking awesome. His example of ground noise is so freaking stupid, even though he's correct that you essentially can't just ground RFI by being connected to ground because the frequency is much too high for a direct wire. Ironically the bigger the antenna the better the reception, mostly.
Please refrain from using terms like stupid when referring to other's products on this forum.  Diplomacy rules here.

Remember: No body builds perfect gear.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #57 on: 21 Jun 2015, 04:26 pm »
Seldom do 'Salis' and I share a viewpoint, but this is one of the times that we do.  In his post a better word choice might be fantasy and it would apply to most of the video.

Off-topic:
Why do almost all videos about hi-fi have such poor audio quality?  Don't they recognize bad sound when they hear it?
On another note:
You can't demonstrate equipment quality on a youtube.

Folsom

« Reply #58 on: 21 Jun 2015, 04:42 pm »
I think they understood the value was in talking.

I wonder what they charge for cap break in... Maybe I'll inquire on that!

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #59 on: 21 Jun 2015, 10:58 pm »
Salis & Speedskater

Don't get me wrong.  P.I. stands for "politically incorrect" here, but there are just some words that a few will take as a gauntlet thrown and all hell will break loose.  Don't need that even though it 'might be' fun.  :lol:  Catch all phrases and words tend to catch trolls like a muskie hitting on a good lure.

You guys have no idea how hard it was for me to sit through 53:59 of that, but I did it twice.  Really.  Twice.  First time I did it while I was working at the bench.  I listened a second time because I got tired of constantly turning around to replay something he just said.  I prefer to think of it as marketing mumbo jumbo and overly optimistic in permuting the laws of physics.

SS Said:

Why do almost all videos about hi-fi have such poor audio quality? 
I dunno.

Don't they recognize bad sound when they hear it?
Must not is all I can say.   :scratch:

On another note:
You can't demonstrate equipment quality on a youtube.
Word! and every other affirmative out there.