TAS Editors Choice Awards in March Issue

audioengr

TAS Editors Choice Awards in March Issue
« on: 3 Feb 2012, 07:48 pm »
The Overdrive DAC and the Off-Ramp 4 are both listed.

The data is a bit out of date, but we appreciate the awards. :thumb:

Steve N.

DaveBSC

Re: TAS Editors Choice Awards in March Issue
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2012, 08:19 pm »
Congrats Steve! Any chance you could get an Overdrive to Chris at Computer Audiophile for review? I've been bugging him to review one for awhile.

audioengr

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2012, 10:02 pm »
Congrats Steve! Any chance you could get an Overdrive to Chris at Computer Audiophile for review? I've been bugging him to review one for awhile.

I got a request from Enjoy the Music reviewer Ron Nagle at RMAF for an Overdrive DAC, so he gets it first.  I am just about to start building the review sample.

I have an even better suggestion:  I have a brand-new demo Overdrive DAC available so you can audition it in your own system.  It is a fanless unit with D/A Hynes, USB Hynes and Turboclock.  You only end-up paying shipping and PayPal fees, unless you send a check.  It costs about $150 to ship it anywhere in the US.  I need a full deposit, but its refundable if you decide not to buy one, less shipping and fees after you return it undamaged.  Cost on this unit is:  $5699.00  It is fully broken-in and must be returned.  Even though it is fully broken-in, the shipment will create static charge on many of the components, so it takes about 2-3 days for it to sing.  30-days audition period.

Steve N.
« Last Edit: 4 Feb 2012, 06:52 pm by audioengr »

tvad4

« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2012, 10:44 pm »
It costs about $150 to ship it anywhere in the US. 

Steve N.

Steve,
Would you please break down the $150 cost to ship an Overdrive DAC in the USA? What company and service are you using to ship?

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2012, 10:58 pm »
Steve,
Would you please break down the $150 cost to ship an Overdrive DAC in the USA? What company and service are you using to ship?

UPS Gnd with insurance and signature.

Steve N.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2012, 11:01 pm »

Steve N.

If that's really what you're paying you're getting screwed.  I ship stuff that's $10k and it costs $50

tvad4

« Reply #6 on: 3 Feb 2012, 11:05 pm »

Steve N.

Thanks. $150 seems high for UPS Ground, Insured, Signature Required. I was asking if you would break down the cost, but maybe you'd prefer not to.

audioengr

« Reply #7 on: 4 Feb 2012, 12:37 am »
Thanks. $150 seems high for UPS Ground, Insured, Signature Required. I was asking if you would break down the cost, but maybe you'd prefer not to.

I guess its more like $100 for UPS 3-day insured with signature.

Steve N.

tvad4

« Reply #8 on: 4 Feb 2012, 07:07 pm »
I guess its more like $100 for UPS 3-day insured with signature.

Steve N.

Since UPS Ground is about half the cost of UPS 3 Day (actually 47% of UPS 3 Day), would the cost of shipping UPS Ground, Insured, Signature Required be $50?

audioengr

« Reply #9 on: 4 Feb 2012, 07:16 pm »
Since UPS Ground is about half the cost of UPS 3 Day (actually 47% of UPS 3 Day), would the cost of shipping UPS Ground, Insured, Signature Required be $50?

It's actually $53.00 just to CA.  To NY, it is more like $75.00-80.00, $70 to Chicago.

Steve N.

tvad4

« Reply #10 on: 4 Feb 2012, 08:25 pm »
It's actually $53.00 just to CA.  To NY, it is more like $75.00-80.00, $70 to Chicago.

Steve N.

All significantly less than the original $150 quote. Things are looking up!  :D