FS: Green Mountain Audio Callistos + Skylan Stands

nrenter

FS: Green Mountain Audio Callistos + Skylan Stands
« on: 29 Jul 2011, 01:27 pm »
Back For Sale - One pair of Green Mountain Audio Callisto Speakers + Skylan Stands. The trim on the bases is a glossy cocobolo (and it is gorgeous). $1,500 + Shipping. I'll deliver to DFW and negotiate delivery to Houston / Austin. Price is firm. No trades.

I'm the original owner and loved every minute of it (original double boxes and receipt included). They are in perfect condition. Imaging is phenomenal. I'd consider them 9/10 on the Audiogon scale (and that's being conservative)...maybe an 8/10 for age only. Smoke free home, and children know better. The only marks on these speakers are on the speaker binding posts, and those are negligible.

If they are so great, why am I selling them? Well...I can't use these and a set of Vandersteen Quatro CTs at the same time.

I can take and send as many photos as you'd like.

Nicholas Renter
nrenter (at) alumni (dot) northwestern (dot) edu
(817) 313-1506
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2016, 10:33 pm by nrenter »

nrenter

Re: FS: Green Mountain Audio Callistos + Skylan Stands
« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2016, 10:35 pm »
These are back on the market...yes, I put them on the market back in 2011 and pulled them because I couldn't part with them. It's time for these to find a new home (see commentary in original post).

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2016, 01:15 am »
Any price reduction after 5 years of use?

nrenter

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2016, 01:31 am »
I had them originally listed for $1,800 + shipping.  I updated the price to $1,500 + shipping when I put them back on the market. I'd entertain offers via PM, but I'm not particularly motivated to sell and probably won't move too far off the mark. Still in identical condition.

For those who aren't familiar with these speakers, they are made from cast marble - and freakishly heavy. The speakers themselves are 60 lbs each.

nrenter

« Reply #5 on: 5 Apr 2016, 09:39 pm »
Casual bump.

nrenter

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2016, 01:38 pm »
Here's my every-other month bump.

nrenter

« Reply #7 on: 18 Sep 2016, 01:11 pm »
I'm attaching a bunch of photos. The only "blems" (that I see) are on the bottoms of the speakers - scratches from trying to position them on the base spikes and wrench marks on the speaker binding nuts. The woofer surrounds are still very supple and in great shape. They are 60 lbs. each, so the scratches are pretty expected when positioning the speakers.

nrenter

« Reply #8 on: 15 Nov 2016, 02:55 am »
Let's give this a pre-turkey day bump.

Lefatshe

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jul 2017, 12:29 am »
So the last Bump was Thanksgiving of 2016.  Did you sell the Callistos?  If not, are you still interested in selling them?