North Texas Audio Jam Your Input is Needed

arthurs

North Texas Audio Jam Your Input is Needed
« on: 20 Apr 2007, 02:38 pm »
Looking for ideas on how we can get our circle more organized and active and improve the frequency and value of get-togethers and communication for anyone who wishes to be a regular part of the crew.  This is a true brainstorm, and as such we should explore new and fresh approaches to our audio community in North Texas, reaffirm what we may like about the current state, and remember no ideas should be discounted, and all ideas should be explored.

Please weigh in on this thread with your ideas and inputs and I'll coordinate them so we can have some good interactive group decision making about how to help our North Texas group communicate more, get together more, and attract new members. 

Thanks in advance!

Art

brj

Re: North Texas Audio Jam Your Input is Needed
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2007, 09:06 pm »
Bump!  You guys alive out there? :)

EDS_

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2007, 09:38 pm »
Looking for ideas on how we can get our circle more organized and active and improve the frequency and value of get-togethers and communication for anyone who wishes to be a regular part of the crew.  This is a true brainstorm, and as such we should explore new and fresh approaches to our audio community in North Texas, reaffirm what we may like about the current state, and remember no ideas should be discounted, and all ideas should be explored.

Please weigh in on this thread with your ideas and inputs and I'll coordinate them so we can have some good interactive group decision making about how to help our North Texas group communicate more, get together more, and attract new members. 

Thanks in advance!

Art

Hi guys,
Thanks for your efforts. I plan to make more meetings over the next year or so.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2007, 11:18 pm »
how about contacting people in the in-home auditions thread and set up a schedule for get togethers.
see how many people can be accommodated, as for myself if a large number  of people want to come by i would probably have to split it into two sessions. i'm always open to guests.
marvin

arthurs

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2007, 12:33 am »
I'd rather schedule get togethers every other month for the rest of this year and as we volunteer, indicate how many we can accomodate.  We can start a first come first serve sign up as we get close to the dates and the host can approve any overflow.  We can work with manufacturers to get some audition gear in if the groups are comitted and meet regularly.  Ready?

May
July - arthurs (15 people)
September
November

I'm also willing to host a music exchange at my place in June, everyone burn 4 or 5 copies of your reference tracks and we can get together, listen to some cuts, swap some discs, have some grilled meats and beverages and just hang out a bit, less focus on gear and more on the group and the music.

That's two events at my place, who else is in?

marvda1

« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2007, 01:03 am »
Art, I like the music exchange idea, put me down for one of those in August.  Let me think on hosting one of the scheduled meetings,  if I do I would have to split it into 5 or 6 at each session probally session 1 10:00-1:00 and session 2  1:00-4:00 but let me think on this one.
marvin

arthurs

« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2007, 01:05 am »
Keep me posted Marvin - we might also all think about steering some of our buddies in the hobby who may not be AC regulars to this thread.

marvda1

« Reply #7 on: 25 Apr 2007, 01:18 am »
just fired an email off to stan.
marvin

marvda1

« Reply #8 on: 25 Apr 2007, 01:20 am »
we've got some manufacturers and distributors in our area,  maybe we could have them over with a couple of their products and have a q&a session with them.
marvin

EDS_

« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2007, 06:21 pm »
we've got some manufacturers and distributors in our area,  maybe we could have them over with a couple of their products and have a q&a session with them.
marvin

Great idea.

bear-hifi

« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2007, 12:25 pm »
Please count me in...

Thanks

Frank

Hoots

« Reply #11 on: 5 May 2007, 03:05 am »
1. I like the idea of hosting local suppliers...or a field trip :)

2. If any local resellers want to host a meeting that might be fun and educational as they have demo setups and multiple brands.

3. If anyone wants to bring/send some eval gear I am happy to host a GTG as I've done in the past.  I can support 2 simultaneous listening sessions (up and downstairs) plus I have a pool patio area for grilling, etc.

arthurs

« Reply #12 on: 5 May 2007, 03:47 am »
All right, a little life showing here!

So we have:
arthurs - (Art) - Fort Worth
bear-hifi - (Frank)
Hoots -
Marvda1 -
EDS_ -

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #13 on: 5 May 2007, 11:55 am »
Guy's you can count me in, however this is going to be a tuff spring and summer for me.  I have just started a live radio show on Saturdays at 1pm which takes a lot, let me repeat A LOT of work.  My wife and I will also be taking our vacation the second half of June, two weddings in may, godsons baby shower in june etc. etc.   When did life get so busy :duh:
Guy

rcarlton

• Mr. Waddles listening to the K-horns.
    • Ron Carlton's webpage
« Reply #14 on: 7 May 2007, 02:10 am »
Count me in also. Sounds good.

EDS_

« Reply #15 on: 7 May 2007, 02:17 am »
Guy's you can count me in, however this is going to be a tuff spring and summer for me.  I have just started a live radio show on Saturdays at 1pm which takes a lot, let me repeat A LOT of work.  My wife and I will also be taking our vacation the second half of June, two weddings in may, godsons baby shower in june etc. etc.   When did life get so busy :duh:
Guy

We need details regarding the radio show!

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #16 on: 7 May 2007, 02:55 am »
probably should be another thread.  770 am 1 pm on Saturdays web site theannuityguy.net  just moved from the 5pm slot.  I use to record the show and now it's live.

arthurs

« Reply #17 on: 7 May 2007, 03:25 am »
I put a thread to gather up a list of our members here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=40672.0

Please sign in there with your info so I can develop a list to notify of events, etc.

Thanks guys!