Welcome to NEAR!

herb73

Re: Welcome to NEAR!
« Reply #60 on: 6 Dec 2017, 11:23 am »
Greetings:
          Does anyone know of a good tech in the Boston/south shore area who can work on speakers?

Thanx

ctsooner

« Reply #61 on: 11 Dec 2017, 01:13 am »
Does Goodwin have anyone?  I'm sure they know someone.  May be worth a call. 

johnto

« Reply #62 on: 1 Jan 2018, 02:22 pm »
A friend had several speakers repaired by DHS in Feeding Hills Ma to great results.

Pete S

« Reply #63 on: 19 Jun 2020, 02:08 pm »
I live in the Portland, Maine area.

I got back into audio after purchasing Sennheiser HD 600 headphones and a Schiit Bitfrost Multibit DAC and Valhalla 2 headphone amp, in early 2016. I've since upgraded to a pretty nice 2-channel system with Salk speakers, a bunch of Schiit components and I ordered a new Technics turntable the other day.

BostonTom

« Reply #64 on: 11 Jul 2020, 11:02 pm »
Hi all Tom here from Boston. Recently started to get back into 2 channel audio have a decent record collection 60’s- 90’s several different genres. Recently picked up a Dynaco st150 that has been modded by mr Van Alstine himself back in 82 I believe. Anyway hooked on the Boston Audio sound have and had KLH,ADS,Advent. Cambridge audio. I’m in the middle of refurbishing a  rarely seen pair of ADS BC8’s studio monitors. Anyway thanks for letting me in the club.

k_roosa

« Reply #65 on: 17 Sep 2021, 03:01 am »
Greetings:
          Does anyone know of a good tech in the Boston/south shore area who can work on speakers?

Thanx

Quite a ways north of there, but Holt Hill Audio is in Lawrence, Brian is a pretty cool dude and does good work.

goodvibrations

• If it sounds good, turn it up to make sure!
« Reply #66 on: 17 Jan 2022, 05:53 pm »
Hi All, greetings from VT,

I'm on the lofi of the hifi spectrum. Slowly upgrading some of my kit as I've been archiving all the various media in the house to enable streaming on our LAN. Check out jellyfin as a FLAC capable HTML5 streaming software if this sounds interesting to ya.

Our main HT setup is a Yamaha receiver with Advent Legacy II front speakers with budget Yamaha center and rears. So sub is next up.

Cheers!

samueljohn

• Hi-Fi for Music's Sake
« Reply #67 on: 16 Oct 2022, 06:42 pm »
Thank you for setting up this forum. North Shore settled and avid vinyl/tube fan. Still using my Quad mono set up and have expanded into modern tube equipment from Shindo, EAR, Quad. Still running Thorens TD124's with a variety of MC cartridges. Speakers from Harbeth, KEF and Devore. Pandemic created a monster and the vinyl has become unmanageable. Looking forward to exchanging ideas on vintage and modern, and going to dabble into digital/streaming soon. It's all about the music.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #68 on: 18 Oct 2022, 12:16 pm »
Very nice setup, SamuelJohn!  Welcome to AC and our (mostly dead) NEAR circle!   :lol:

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #69 on: 18 Oct 2022, 02:08 pm »
Would you mind sharing your story/journey of the two Thorens 124?  :popcorn:

M797

« Reply #70 on: 26 Nov 2022, 09:15 pm »
Greetings from central Connecticut. I'm new to Audio Circle and just checking in.

Mike

bewgow

« Reply #71 on: 14 Dec 2022, 02:36 pm »
Hello. I just joined from MA.

JMeister_1

« Reply #72 on: 10 Feb 2024, 12:26 am »
Hi all from the MA/NH border.