ACI Veritas drivers?

wolftrouble

ACI Veritas drivers?
« on: 16 Feb 2018, 07:03 pm »
Hi folks, kind of relieved I found this forum.

I've been a longtime owner of a pair of ACI Veritas's and an Essence. Love them, they're beasts.

Recently I realized that one of the 6" drivers on one of the Veritases (Veritas's?) has a problem with buzzing that sounds like mechanical failure (or maybe something came loose inside and is leaning against the cone - faint hope). I can open it up easily enough, and there's some other stuff I need to fix anyway, but I was hoping before I did that someone might have some insight into what kind of drivers they are or any characteristics for them, so if I do need replacements I can find something comparable.

I found references to some of ACI's older speakers using Dynaudio drivers, but I have no idea if that was maintained all the way up until 2004, which is when I bought my Veritases.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

jparkhur

Re: ACI Veritas drivers?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2018, 08:20 pm »
Mike D is sometimes around these threads but most likely in Florida now until summer.  You would need to pull the driver and look at back to see some of the info, if on there.  I know that the audio company in Michigan bought some of mikes designs and may have replacements or could re cone your driver/ fix.   You could try Madisound, but I can not think of the other distributor right now.  I will have to look..  M C.  or something....

jon

jparkhur

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2018, 08:25 pm »
Meniscus Audio Group used to work with Mike on things.   
https://meniscusaudio.com

wolftrouble

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2018, 10:31 pm »
Thanks, appreciate the advice! Sent an email to Meniscus, hoping they can help.