Record and CD sales

wedweb

Record and CD sales
« on: 29 Dec 2017, 04:27 am »
Saw this thru the Czech Facebook page...

http://www.records.thewwbc.net

Anyone been to these before?

Bo

Blackmore

Re: Record and CD sales
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2017, 01:39 pm »
Yes, it’s a pretty nice show. Some bargains and some full retail so you have to dig around for the best deals.  I didn’t read the flyer closely, but there used to be an early bird ticket for extra $$ to let you shop before their regular hours started.  Give it a try: I think you’ll enjoy the show.

Mark

Mr Peabody

Re: Record and CD sales
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2017, 09:50 pm »
I've been several times.  I always seem to walk out with some music.  Each time is different, sellers rent tables in order to sell their LP's, CD's, Book, or whatever, always music related.  I've managed to pick up a few KSHE Klassics for cheap, like Mama's Pride for $6.  One time I put a Dave Brubeck back because it was mono, the guy says you want stereo and whips out a sealed copy of Take 5, then he asks if I want it, like, are you kidding, of course.  I can't remember what I paid but it was less than $5.  I've also taken chances on used LP's and they weren't up to my standard after cleaning so sent them to Goodwill, mostly good experiences though.  Plus, I have to rely on others to look at them for me, if you are used to what good vinyl looks like, you'll be fine.  There's still good deals but like everything once it becomes hot the price goes up some. 
     Go when it opens, often they close early if the buyers are beginning to thin out.  The show is sort of like a Flea Market dedicated to only music (software).  It's also mostly used, new albums have been rare during my visits.  If you are an old school guy and remember how much fun it is to rummage through a budget bin, you'll love the show.