College basketball 2017

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
College basketball 2017
« on: 27 Nov 2017, 07:37 am »
PK80 Tournaments

Did anyone watch these? This crazy event frustrated me. First of all you think it is a regular tournament - I thought Duke and Michigan St wre going to play a couple of west coast mid majors and then the winners would play. But no it ends up being two separate tournaments with Carolina, Duke, Mich St, Florida, Notre Dame, Texas...how could they have marketed this so badly, it was an advertising boondogle for Nike. They created uniforms for all participants months ago and I had no idea it was for this tourney. There were two brackets in the tourney, which never played each other. They were called the Victory bracket and the Motion bracket. I'm not sure even the announcers knew what was going on at the beginning.

So i had to watch all the Duke games. Duke struggles in the first half of every game (4 freshmen) and then comes back in the last few minutes. I just got back from the Motion bracket championship at a friends house. It started at 11 freaking 06 Eastern time on a Sunday night!

It was a crazy tourney, entertaining but frustrating, and I had no idea till Thursday what the deal was and what the schedule was.

It was really a big birthday/advertising event for the co-founder of Nike and it was not marketed very well. Have you ever seen anything like this? 

http://pkinvitational.com/brackets/

Michigan State stomped UNC. Duke's 3 opponents fiercely poked and prodded the Duke bear until it finally woke up in the last five minutes. Texas is really good (currently unranked, Shaka Smart coaching and Bamba as big man) and Florida is really really good (#7, beat Gonzaga))

jaywills

Re: College basketball 2017
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2017, 12:11 pm »
My team, Arkansas, did surprisingly well against Connecticut.