Bryston BDP-1 MPoD & MPaD Updates

fado

Bryston BDP-1 MPoD & MPaD Updates
« on: 8 Sep 2017, 04:47 pm »
Apple's latest IOS update warned that my versions of MPoD/MPaD would no longer be supported. I have not updated these for ~ 4 years. Any cautions or suggestions about updating these - or - are there newer/better applications. I use my iPad & iPhone to select playlists and control my BDP-1.

Also, I have not updated the BDP-1 firmware for three or four years - should I update it as well?
Thanks

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: Bryston BDP-1 MPoD & MPaD Updates
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2017, 01:00 pm »
^ fado,

you are in the situation I was in -- did not update my BDP-1 for years.

I updated to Moose earlier this spring. It's worth it imho. No glitches yet for me, although I'm not sure what gains were there in Moose, as I don't fuss over cover art, Tidal, Roon, etc. It's about the music for me.

I still use MPad on my tablet, no updating either. Works fine, as does the Bryston BDP site thru browser. That one's nicer, and displays cover art for many of my albums, unlike MPad.

Once you update MPad, I don't believe there's going back if you are p---ed at the update, so user beware maybe?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2017, 01:46 pm »
Hi

I have updated my IPAD and as long as MPAD and MPOD are still on the unit it should work - you will sometimes get a text saying - Needs Updating.

james

skunark

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2017, 05:57 am »
Say goodbye to MPoD and MPaD when you update your iPads and iPhones to iOS 11.

Long Live the ____
* MPDluxe
* Soundirok

XKevinX

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2017, 10:55 pm »
Now that OS 11 is out, has anyone updated to OS 11 and still had MPaD function properly?  Alternatively, what does one do if you are using Apple products to control the BDP 1?  I have never used anything else by MPaD?

Thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2017, 11:19 pm »
Now that OS 11 is out, has anyone updated to OS 11 and still had MPaD function properly?  Alternatively, what does one do if you are using Apple products to control the BDP 1?  I have never used anything else by MPaD?

Thanks

Hi

You can use Manic Moose of course or a new app is SOUNDIROK that some people like in the APP store.

james

XKevinX

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2017, 11:33 pm »
Thanks James, is Manic Moose an actual APP that you download from the APP store, or is it an Internet address?  Sorry for the silly questions.  When something works, it works, so I leave it alone.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2017, 11:59 pm »
Thanks James, is Manic Moose an actual APP that you download from the APP store, or is it an Internet address?  Sorry for the silly questions.  When something works, it works, so I leave it alone.

Hi

Manic Moose is built into your BDP.  Just type the IP address into your browser and MM will show up.

XKevinX

« Reply #8 on: 25 Sep 2017, 01:10 am »
Thanks, if this resides on the BDP 1 then I probably need to update.  Any risks involved.  I haven't updated since I purchased?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2017, 11:35 am »
Thanks, if this resides on the BDP 1 then I probably need to update.  Any risks involved.  I haven't updated since I purchased?

Hi

Yes there are a few steps you will have to take to upgrade so email Gary at gdayton@bryston.com and he can assist.

james

now25

« Reply #10 on: 25 Sep 2017, 01:07 pm »

Thanks

MPaD does not work with iOS 11.

Marius

« Reply #11 on: 25 Sep 2017, 03:00 pm »
MPaD does not work with iOS 11.

Or Mpod. Too bad.

XKevinX

« Reply #12 on: 25 Sep 2017, 10:23 pm »
Thanks James, I will email Gary.

doveman

« Reply #13 on: 28 Sep 2017, 07:52 am »
I've used mPod on my iPhone for years now to control my bdp-1, it was very simple but quick and easy to use, sad you can't get it anymore, and it wouldn't work on the iPad.

I've just installed Soundirok, it looks pretty and seems to function well, it just takes a bit too work out how the functionality works and what all the weird symbols mean. Still trying to work things out.