Clark Blumenstein Orcas sold for the pair.

tobyw

Clark Blumenstein Orcas sold for the pair.
« on: 19 Jul 2017, 09:12 pm »
I have for sale a pair of Blumenstein Orcas.
These are crossoverless single driver speakers that sound great for a desktop nearfield system.
They are extremely well reviewed small speakers.
They measure 10.5x7x4.5 inches.
Clark does an incredible job on the cabinetry, they are extremely well made.
The WAF is very high on them as well since they are diminutive and very clean looking units.
I am the second owner of these speakers.
These are nicely broken in and it is amazing what a three inch driver can do in a properly designed cabinet.
I have run these with a 2020 tripath amplifier which is around five watts per channel, they can handle more, but you really do not need a lot of power so make these sing, just something really clean. Bottlehead fans love these speakers, and they typically are only playing with a few watts of clean power.
acoustic jazz is great, but with small drivers the bass is there but not chest thumping, they are extremely fast and can blend well with most subwoofers.
I have decided to re arrange my office so these are up for sale.
I am happy to ship in the US, or if you prefer to audition these speakers before purchasing them, local pickup in Fort Lauderdale is fine as well.
They are sold for the pair plus another  for shipping; they will be boxed and packed in foam for safe travel.
either message me through audiocircle, or feel free to shoot me an email at
redsonfly at gmail dot com.
spelled out to avoid spam.

« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2017, 03:04 pm by tobyw »

jakeg104

Re: Clark Blumenstein Orcas $325 for the pair.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2017, 01:52 am »
If you still have them, I'll take them. Emailed as well. Want to try these on my Decware SE84UFO.
Thanks!
Jake

sean619

Re: Clark Blumenstein Orcas $325 for the pair.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2017, 03:07 pm »
These are not Orcas. They are the smaller and less expensive Marlins that use a different driver.

starkiller

Re: Clark Blumenstein Orcas sold for the pair.
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jul 2017, 02:40 am »
Actually these are Mini Orca's.....

sean619

Re: Clark Blumenstein Orcas sold for the pair.
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2017, 02:57 am »
Actually these are Mini Orca's.....

Yes, these are the older mini Orcas that have been renamed to Marlin. Not sure if they use the same driver as the Marlins, which is I believe the FF85WK.