Bryston 2.5B3³ Cubed Amp comments and Reviews

Sandrock

• *My Sound Space*
Bryston 2.5B3³ Cubed Amp comments and Reviews
« on: 17 Jul 2017, 11:11 pm »
Hello All,
I am in the process of both up grading and shrinking my system footprint for 2 reasons: first I am changing over to a Music Server format and down-sizing my amp power to more really fit in with my now smaller listening room size.
I have been looking at the Luxman M600A amp but I am not real thrilled about pure class A what with all the heat and power consumption even at idle.
The sound "yes" but not the extra baggage that comes with it. 
So casting my net further afield I came across the Bryston 2.5B cubed amp.
price is manageable so is the physical size and the output fits right in with what I am looking for plus its class A/B so there is not the gobs of heat or power drain.

But as I look over the Bryston thread I can not find a thing mentioned about the 2.5B3 cubed amp and I am wondering why?
Can others please enlighten me.....
Thanks.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com

James Tanner

• Facilitator

Sandrock

• *My Sound Space*
Re: Bryston 2.5B3³ Cubed Amp comments and Reviews
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2017, 11:32 pm »
Hello James,
Thanks for your prompt reply submitting the 2 amp reviews.
The CNET one I have read before, but the 10Audio is new to me.
Thanks again for sharing them with me.

As I previously mentioned in my initial post, I was wondering why there are no posts regarding this amp?
Could it be that the amp is so new that it has not gotten into audiophile's hands for them to speak about it on this forum?
Just wondering if you might be able to shed some light on the subject?
From the little I have been able to glean, it appears that it is a great sounding amp and should attract a lot of interest.

Thanks.

PierreB

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2017, 02:34 am »
Hello, if it can help you, I have a 2B SST for 12 years and I have only good words for it. Very beautiful musicality. The power is very good with nearly 140 w / c. If your listening room is not huge, I recommend you try one at home. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2017, 01:10 pm »
Hello James,
Thanks for your prompt reply submitting the 2 amp reviews.
The CNET one I have read before, but the 10Audio is new to me.
Thanks again for sharing them with me.

As I previously mentioned in my initial post, I was wondering why there are no posts regarding this amp?
Could it be that the amp is so new that it has not gotten into audiophile's hands for them to speak about it on this forum?
Just wondering if you might be able to shed some light on the subject?
From the little I have been able to glean, it appears that it is a great sounding amp and should attract a lot of interest.

Thanks.

Hi

Its a good question and I do not know if I really have an answer - it really is the sleeper in our line up.  Maybe when customers come to Bryston they are coming for more power so the smaller amps get overlooked ?

james

Sandrock

• *My Sound Space*
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2017, 05:18 pm »
Hello James, I can appreciate your comment regarding amp-power.
I can attest that when I hear the mention of Bryston, I do the same and thing about "power".

Yet at the same time Bryston is more then just a high-power-amp company and they manufacture a full range of audio products including high-power amps. To me, I might suggest that there should be some time and space given to the smaller items along with their nuanced performances.
Giving to audiophiles a true and complete Bryston sonic picture.
Anyway, its food for thought, right?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2017, 05:27 pm »
Hello James, I can appreciate your comment regarding amp-power.
I can attest that when I hear the mention of Bryston, I do the same and thing about "power".

Yet at the same time Bryston is more then just a high-power-amp company and they manufacture a full range of audio products including high-power amps. To me, I might suggest that there should be some time and space given to the smaller items along with their nuanced performances.
Giving to audiophiles a true and complete Bryston sonic picture.
Anyway, its food for thought, right?

Yes food for thought for sure but not sure I am enough of a marketing guy to figure out how to do it  :scratch:.

james

witchdoctor

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2017, 06:27 pm »
Yes food for thought for sure but not sure I am enough of a marketing guy to figure out how to do it  :scratch:.

james

20% of your products provide 80% of your revenue. Your best bang for your marketing dollar is to focus 80% of your budget on those 20% products.

racerxnet

« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2017, 07:08 pm »
20% of your products provide 80% of your revenue. Your best bang for your marketing dollar is to focus 80% of your budget on those 20% products.

Maybe you should buy a Bryston product yourself!

mak

Sandrock

• *My Sound Space*
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jul 2017, 12:36 am »
Hello Mak, I agree with you however I only stumbled on Bryston a few days ago and found out that they make a small amp that will work for me.
So I am just now starting doing my homework on the unit.
I have not seen the amp in person nor have I heard the unit either.
I am trying to find a dealer near me who has the amp in stock and or on display for me to listen to the amp.
So in the end I am trying to come up to speed with this particular model.
Do you have one?
If so, can you give me some idea as to what I might expect sonically from the amp?
Thanks for your insight.
Cheers
Ian

Sandrock

• *My Sound Space*
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2017, 12:41 am »
Hello, if it can help you, I have a 2B SST for 12 years and I have only good words for it. Very beautiful musicality. The power is very good with nearly 140 w / c. If your listening room is not huge, I recommend you try one at home. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Hello Pierre, I am in love with your phraseology saying the amp is "very beautiful musicality"!!!
That is the sound I am looking for big time.
I also understand that what you said is also 'subjective' but thinking alike and talking the same language is important in describing the sound we are trying to achieve.
I am wondering IF the 2.5B3 would sound the same way as you described?
Just wondering....
Cheers
Ian

Sandrock

• *My Sound Space*
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2017, 12:54 am »

james
So James, perhaps you might suggest that idea to those who might have the abilities to push the amp in the market from a marketing prospective.
I believe that Bryston might be missing that end of the market, given that they are a more boutique manufacture who should cater to the finer sensibilities of the audio market as well as the power seekers.
That way they are not leaving any money on the table.
And yet at the same time Bryston will cover all the bases both for high power and high resolution at the same time.
People/audiophiles with then beat a path to your door.
Just a thought.....
Cheers
Ian

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2017, 01:38 pm »

mak

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2017, 01:44 pm »
Hello Pierre, I am in love with your phraseology saying the amp is "very beautiful musicality"!!!
That is the sound I am looking for big time.
I also understand that what you said is also 'subjective' but thinking alike and talking the same language is important in describing the sound we are trying to achieve.
I am wondering IF the 2.5B3 would sound the same way as you described?
Just wondering....
Cheers
Ian
Actually I disagree with Pierre here.
You DON'T hear a Bryston amp. What goes in comes back out, just louder. I own a 4B SST2. I am beyond happy with it, even so it will somewhat retire in te future. I am looking at going half active/half passive (woofer on the 4B SST2 and mid plus high on a new 2.5 cubed).
Will I audition the 2.5? No. I'll just buy one.
Any color, as long as it's black and 19 inch wide.

NekoAudio

• Industry Participant
    • Neko Audio LLC
« Reply #15 on: 19 Jul 2017, 04:16 pm »
Hi, Sandrock. We use the 2.5B3 amp for convenient auditions at customer homes, because it provides the same sound character as the more powerful Cubed amps in an package that is a lot easier to carry around. (In addition to featuring it in one of our setups.) I think it's fair to read the reviews for the higher powered Cubed amps and apply what you read to the 2.5B3 as well.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #16 on: 19 Jul 2017, 04:49 pm »

And yet at the same time Bryston will cover all the bases both for high power and high resolution at the same time.
People/audiophiles with then beat a path to your door.
Just a thought.....
Cheers
Ian

You're kidding, right?
They've been doing that for years.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #17 on: 19 Jul 2017, 04:52 pm »
Quote from: witchdoctor on Yesterday at 14:27:28

Quote from: racerxnet on Yesterday at 15:08:18

mak

Sandrock

• *My Sound Space*
« Reply #18 on: 19 Jul 2017, 06:04 pm »
As I previously mentioned, I am in the process of downsizing my older but very-loved larger sound system due to a smaller listening area.
So I have began selling off my equipment and replacing it with smaller and more current electronics to better suite my new environment here in the SF bay area.
Recently I have been casting about for a smaller sized amp and came across the Bryston line and noticed that they included a 2.5B3 amp which is exactly what I am looking for to complement my other electronics.
However, generally Bryston has not crossed my purview, other then knowing the name and the fact that they manufacture larger powered amps, that was it.
So I am coming to the table with a fresh mind and interest, especially know knowing that they build a more petie-sized amp which I hope appeals to Audiophiles and not just those wanting 'more-power'
I am anxious to hear/see the 2.5B3 so I can make an informed judgement as to whether it will fit sonically into my selected system.
I am also gathering everyones comments and reading any and all reviews about the 2.5 and Brystons associated equipment.
So in my mind, 'the more one knows, the better off they are'.......
What I have gleaned so far is that Bryston produces respected equipment.

gbaby

« Reply #19 on: 19 Jul 2017, 09:19 pm »

What I have gleaned so far is that Bryston produces respected equipment.

I have  been in audio since the early 1970's and since owing the SP-3, BDP2, BDA-3, and the 2.5SST2 and dealing with tech support from Bryston, I will never own any hi fi prodjuct unless it is a Bryston product. I trust the company.  :thumb: