GR Research Super V

blazin

GR Research Super V
« on: 17 Jul 2017, 10:05 pm »

The GR-Research "Super-V" is a truly special speaker with unparalleled audiophile performance. It has 97db sensitivity and is an easy 8 ohm load. They can be driven easily with even the lowest wattage amplifiers because it only has to drive the upper coaxial driver. The two 12" SERVO controlled subs in the bottom of each speaker are powered by their own amplifier.
There is no other speaker available at ANY price point with better sounding bass response. The Super-V is not only super fast and controlled by the SERVO system, but also plays flat to 20Hz and is -3db down in the teens. The subs also play up to 200hz to blend perfectly in any atmosphere.  No other open baffle speaker on the market has that level of performance.

"Steven Stone from the Absolute Sound says: Greatest Bargain - The GR Research room... And, Most Significant Product Introduction... These speakers have won numerous awards including "Best in Show" at RMAF 2010-2011.

The speakers are finished in a Black Walnut with an antiqued red edging. These pictures don't do them justice. Cash is king but I am always willing to listen to possible trades... I am located in Charleston SC...Price $3500

luckyguy

Re: GR Research Super V
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2017, 02:31 am »
Love that wood grain.  Wish you lived in Honolulu. :wink:

blazin

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2017, 01:48 am »
I wish I lived there too :)

blazin

« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2017, 11:34 pm »
Still for sale

blazin

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2017, 12:38 am »
Weekend bump

blazin

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2017, 12:22 am »
Open to reasonable offers

dlynch34

« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2017, 08:24 pm »
how do these handle rock n roll and also classical music?  curious on the range... I have a pair of Magnepan 3.7i speakers at excel in classical but have no slam for rock...

blazin

« Reply #7 on: 24 Oct 2017, 08:37 pm »
They excel at both. Lots of SLAM

morganc

« Reply #8 on: 26 Oct 2017, 06:04 am »
how do these handle rock n roll and also classical music?  curious on the range... I have a pair of Magnepan 3.7i speakers at excel in classical but have no slam for rock...

I owned a pair of these and if you do not know them go into the GR Research Archives....lots of press on these as they are simple unbeatable if you have the space for them to breathe properly and can pair them with the right amp.   Rock, Jazz, EDM, Blues, whatever. 

blazin

« Reply #9 on: 28 Oct 2017, 12:39 am »
Thanks. Weekend Bump

blazin

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2018, 07:22 pm »
Now with Grills

blazin

« Reply #11 on: 1 Feb 2018, 12:38 am »
Still sounding amazing but need to sell...

Shakeydeal

« Reply #12 on: 1 Feb 2018, 06:14 pm »
Absolutely gobsmacked that these haven't sold yet. If anyone has to make a road trip, well worth the drive. I traveled 6 hours round trip to buy mine about a year ago.

Good luck with the sale.

Shakey

blazin

« Reply #13 on: 9 Feb 2018, 11:24 pm »
Bump

blazin

« Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2018, 02:48 am »
Bump

dlynch34

« Reply #15 on: 25 Jun 2018, 01:56 pm »
Still Available?

sonicxtc

« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2022, 01:12 pm »
I know this post is a few years old. I'm wondering if you still own these speakers and if they are for sale.

BTW, if anyone is seeking to sell a Super V or Super VII, please let me know.
I'm also interested in just buying servo subs.

Thank you

jesphoto

« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2022, 08:01 pm »
Check US Audio Mart, I think a pair of super v’s popped up there for sale over the last week.