Bookshelf speakers anyone?

EdRo

Bookshelf speakers anyone?
« on: 9 Jun 2017, 01:35 am »
So, did I read this correctly?  Someone noticed a lack of actual "bookshelf" speakers offered by Vapor? I was pondering building such a cab. If there were any interest? With, say, a 6" woofer with a small RAAL or bery dome?

youravhandyman

Re: Bookshelf speakers anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jun 2017, 08:19 pm »
What would the Breeze be classified if not bookshelf?

EdRo

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2017, 12:59 am »
You are absolutely correct sir. How could I have forgotten about the Breeze??!!!

SlushPuppy

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2017, 01:35 am »
You are absolutely correct sir. How could I have forgotten about the Breeze??!!!

Probably because it's listed as a 'Retired Model':

http://www.vaporsound.com/speakers/

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2017, 03:38 am »
So, did I read this correctly?  Someone noticed a lack of actual "bookshelf" speakers offered by Vapor? I was pondering building such a cab. If there were any interest? With, say, a 6" woofer with a small RAAL or bery dome?

Bob was just lamenting moving very large speakers, not actually requesting one be built.

We had the Breeze model available for years and sold relatively few of them.  They really are great little bookshelf speakers.  They'll crush anything that size with their incredible, sweet sound.

So it just made sense to make the kind of speakers people want, big.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2017, 05:51 pm »
Probably because it's listed as a 'Retired Model':

http://www.vaporsound.com/speakers/

Interesting. Where are the Tuonares? They're not even listed.  :scratch:

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2017, 08:13 am »
Interesting. Where are the Tuonares? They're not even listed.  :scratch:

The Tuonare morphed into a model built by some very excited guys in Kentucky.  It still uses a pair of 7" woofers for low end duty but now each woofer has its own tapered transmission line.  The midrange was replaced by a custom made SEAS reed cone 7" driver with a massive motor, and the RAAL 64-10 was upgraded to the 70-20XR.  The resulting system response is one of the smoothest we've ever built.  All that is now housed in an enclosure featuring a Corian baffle and top and sides made of premium MDF lined with the same inversion layer featured in Nimbus.

We've also created a floor standing version of the Stiff Breeze (also transmission line) in a 2.5-way configuration using custom 6" reed cone woofers and the RAAL 64-10 featured in the Tuonare prototype.  These and more will carry the Vapor sound that sets us apart but will be available with very short production times and soon, through dealers.  They'll sell direct while the dealer network is set up with production beginning mid July when the first shipment of custom drivers arrives.

Those near Paducah can contact the guys and set up an audition.  These models will be going out for dealer review shortly.  We had a few dealers at LAAS express very strong interest in carrying them.

https://vehementaudio.com/