FS: Daedalus Ulysses Speakers Best Deal Ever!

misterclean

FS: Daedalus Ulysses Speakers Best Deal Ever!
« on: 6 Jun 2017, 07:00 pm »

$6995

If you have been on the fence, now is the time to jump before someone else grabs them up!

I bought these about six years ago from a gentleman who had them for only a few months. I had them shipped directly to Lou for the all-poly capacitor upgrade before they were shipped to me. I have had them ever since as the centerpiece of my system. Of course, they are every bit as beautiful and musical as their reputation suggests. I really hate to see them go. These are the ultimate music lover's speaker, easy to drive, and gorgeous to behold.

These are done in quartersawn white oak and come with the bases and grills. If you live anywhere near western North Carolina, you are welcome to come and inspect them and hear them in my system. I have the original  boxes and all packing material from Daedalus, but would prefer not to ship them if it can be avoided. If they do need to be shipped, I can work this out with the buyer.

Given how rarely these come up for sale and the incredible, enduring quality and musicality of the speaker, getting them for $6995 is a steal.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2017, 02:34 pm by misterclean »

diofan56

Re: FS: Daedalus Ulysses Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2017, 04:55 pm »
Hi Sir!

Don't take pictures with an iPhone.  Use a real camera.  The images will be much better.

misterclean

Re: FS: Daedalus Ulysses Speakers (Pics now included!)
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2017, 08:13 pm »

I have updated the ad with several pics. Excuse the laundry in the background :)

Make me an offer.!I would rather sell them here than on any other high end site.

These are great speakers in superb condition.

JakeJ

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2017, 07:47 pm »
Location?

misterclean

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2017, 02:20 pm »

Western North Carolina, about thirty minutes west of Asheville.

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jun 2017, 12:36 am »
Thanks, I'm on the left coast but now all interest parties know which should be helpful.

misterclean

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2017, 02:12 pm »

Bump. Entertaining any serious offer.

misterclean

Re: FS: Daedalus Ulysses Speakers MAJOR PRICE DROP!
« Reply #7 on: 12 Jul 2017, 03:31 pm »

Big price drop! Lowest price ever for a pair of Ulysses?

misterclean

Re: FS: Daedalus Ulysses Speakers Best Deal Ever!
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2017, 02:36 pm »

Bump. Now offered at $6995!

stinky5

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2017, 10:57 pm »
did you find the tektons to be better?

misterclean

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2017, 01:13 am »

They have different strengths. The Tektons are not in the same league in terms of appearance, that's for sure. The Ulysses are the most musical, tonally correct speakers I've ever heard. So much of choosing a speaker is subjective and system-dependent, as most audiophiles are already aware. I found the Ulysses to excel with either tubes or solid state amplifiers, due to their excellent efficiency rating.

Someone is going to be getting a reference pair of speakers at an amazing price.

2bigears

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jul 2017, 09:42 pm »
 :D very beautiful speakers ,,,,  is there a V2 of these and what is the dif ? 
         Must hide the cheque book.   Ha.    :D

misterclean

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jul 2017, 10:45 pm »

Yes, there is a v2 upgrade, but I like the sound of these so well that I never went for it. If you're interested in buying them and getting the v2 upgrade, I can send them straight to Lou  :D

I did get the all poly capacitor upgrade before they were shipped to me, which by all accounts made a fine improvement in the sound.

2bigears

« Reply #13 on: 28 Jul 2017, 11:00 pm »
 :D I am looking for new speakers as NORMAL.  good lord. 
         We may have to talk a little.    :D

misterclean

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2017, 01:29 am »

Today is my last day of vacation, but I would be happy to chat anytime tomorrow and forward from there. These speakers are pretty remarkable, and I have never seen a pair of them sell for less than I have these listed. Bless my heart, the market is what it is. :)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #15 on: 3 Aug 2017, 05:36 am »
I swear if I hadn't just purchased the Apollos, I would have bought these already. My brain is squirming trying to think of clever ways to find the money to buy these without my wife chopping one of my hands off.

Sigh. Someone is going to get these cheap!

misterclean

« Reply #16 on: 3 Aug 2017, 04:38 pm »

I know summer is a tough time to sell stuff, but I am truly shocked these are still available. This is an amazing opportunity for some lucky audiophile!

advanced101

« Reply #17 on: 3 Aug 2017, 04:48 pm »
Fellow Daedalus owner, this is a really good deal on an amazing pair of speakers.  GLWS

flight46

« Reply #18 on: 4 Aug 2017, 04:35 pm »
Called last night to talk about the speakers. Left a message. Still very interested.

misterclean

« Reply #19 on: 5 Aug 2017, 09:17 pm »

I thought I had a deal on these, but the potential buyer backed out. Still up for grabs, securely packed and ready to ship to the next lucky owner. To paraphrase Shakespeare, you will not look upon their like again, at least not at this price. :)