Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8700UB Home Theater Video Projector [SOLD]

baileyler

Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8700UB Home Theater Video Projector

[SOLD].  Trade considered (see below).

Prefer a local transaction (Chadds Ford, PA).  Only for a LOCAL TRANSACTION, I will include an Epson 8100 for free as well (with issues see below) and a few other odds and ends.

Nice, bright and highly-rated home theater projector from a well-known manufacturer, and with a great picture. 

Specs can be found from many places like Projector Central.

Fully functional with one operational issue – it currently has the well-known and documented horizontal blue (top) and pink (bottom) bands usually due to a misaligned polarizer.  This is a common problem with all Epson projectors of this design and from this time period (including the 8100, 8350 and others).

According to many internet posts, this issue can be fixed but requires disassembly of the projector.  The AVS Forum has a long discussion on how to do this, and you can find the thread by doing a Google search.

The issue has not bothered me, and if I did not get an excellent deal on a current model projector I would be keeping this for a long time.

The lamp currently in the projector is bright and has about 1500 hours (rated at 4000 hours).  The lamp was taken from another projector, so the lamp timer on the 8700UB does not reflect the actual hours.

I also have a spare lamp with less than 100 hours on it (recently bought from Ebay).

I have the original box, remote and lens cover.

I bought the 8700UB to replace an Epson Home Cinema 8100 that developed an issue with the auto iris.  As indicated above, for a LOCAL TRANSACTION this 8100 will be included for free as it is essentially the same design as the 8700UB, and would make a good source for parts if needed.  The auto iris issue could also be repaired, making this a very nice secondary projector as well.

For a LOCAL TRANSACTION, there are a few other odds and ends I can include as well (a small HDMI switch for example).

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Please note that this unit is being sold ‘AS IS, WHERE IS’.  There are no refunds or returns under any condition.

The unit is available for local demo, which I would recommend prior to purchase.

As indicated above, partial or full trade value is possible.  Items of interest include one or two nice computer video cards (for example, a newer Nvidia Pascal unit), a decent headphone, vacuum tubes, fine wine/port or masonry services (if local), and possibly any number of other things at the right value.

I can ship via either FedEx Ground or US Postal.  Contact me for a shipping quote.

Cash is always welcome.  Payment can also be via money order/cashier’s check/personal check but, except for US Postal Money Orders, all must clear my bank first. 

I also accept Paypal for convenience (add 3% to for USA, and 4% for Canada).  IF YOU PAY VIA PAYPAL, HOWEVER, A CONDITION OF YOUR PAYMENT IS THAT YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO FILE A PAYPAL CLAIM OR CHARGE BACK (but do retain the right to sue me in court should you so desire).

Please check my feedback on Ebay (ID=baileyler) and buy with confidence.

« Last Edit: 24 May 2017, 12:49 pm by baileyler »

baileyler

Bump.  Trades?  Offers?

baileyler

Price drop to $300.  All trades considered.  Will soon be going to the infamous auction site if it does not sell.