Poll

Do you (currently and in future, if you had your preference) buy new or used cars?

New
22 (44.9%)
Used
20 (40.8%)
New for me, used for everyone else in the family
0 (0%)
Used for me, new for my precocious kids
1 (2%)
Depends
6 (12.2%)
Something else (see my post below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Do you buy new or used (cars)?

Wayner

Re: Do you buy new or used (cars)?
« Reply #40 on: 30 Mar 2017, 09:13 pm »
If I might just add this little bit, if you want to play the new car "game", you can't quit. My neighbor also had an F150 (little earlier model) and now he wants to get a new one. Well, his is worth shit, and the new one is $50K+. That's pretty hard to step into.

The lesson I've learned is that it is a scam (or a game) and if you like having a new car, this method works. I've been doing it for 30 years this way. I basically had to do it because my wife is a traveling school teacher and she definitely needed a dependable car to travel from school to school. Having a warranty is also an incentive.

Wayner

twitch54

« Reply #41 on: 30 Mar 2017, 09:33 pm »
just checked the stats..........I'm curious who buys them self 'used' and their kids 'new' ?

twitch54

« Reply #42 on: 30 Mar 2017, 09:36 pm »
If I might just add this little bit, if you want to play the new car "game", you can't quit. My neighbor also had an F150 (little earlier model) and now he wants to get a new one. Well, his is worth shit, and the new one is $50K+. That's pretty hard to step into.

The lesson I've learned is that it is a scam (or a game) and if you like having a new car, this method works. I've been doing it for 30 years this way. I basically had to do it because my wife is a traveling school teacher and she definitely needed a dependable car to travel from school to school. Having a warranty is also an incentive.

Wayner

Hey Wayner, I guy I shoot sporting clays with bought himself a Shelby F-150, I about crapped my drawers when I saw the sicker ...... 105k

Dave

Wayner

« Reply #43 on: 30 Mar 2017, 11:11 pm »
Wow!..........Too rich for my blood. I don't buy the bottom of the line, but I don't buy the top either. Middle is good. Pretty much the same way for hifi.

Have a great evening!

'ner