Upcoming LIO Modules (Spring / Summer 2017)

Vinnie R.

Re: Upcoming LIO Modules (Spring / Summer 2017)
« Reply #80 on: 6 Jul 2017, 02:20 pm »
All,

LIO DAC 2.0 Pre-Ordering will begin next week!  :hyper:  I will need to add it to our website this weekend.

I will start a new, dedicated LIO DAC 2.0 thread next week here on the VR forum, and will also provide a link to it in this thread.

I will also send out a newsletter next week.  If you are not yet subscribed to our email newsletter, you can sign up here: http://www.vinnierossi.com/newsletter-registration/

I hope to test HQPlayer upsampling to DSD512 over the weekend...

Very excited!  :singing:

Vinnie

nfnc

« Reply #81 on: 7 Jul 2017, 07:35 am »
Hi Vinnie, I am curious as to whether, in the development stage, you had explored including an upsampling function for the LIO DAC 2.0 module? 

I know of another approach where the incoming signal is upsampled to 2x or 4X DSD and the AKM 4490 DAC chip is used simply as a 100 kHz lowpass filter. No intention of creating any NOS vs up/oversampling debate here though.

Is there an option to replace the optical input with an AES/EBU input?

Thanks.

schw06

« Reply #82 on: 7 Jul 2017, 03:29 pm »
Vinnie,
   Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the differences in sound you're hearing with the new dac compared to your current version? Thanks!
David

Vinnie R.

« Reply #83 on: 10 Jul 2017, 05:44 pm »
Hi Vinnie, I am curious as to whether, in the development stage, you had explored including an upsampling function for the LIO DAC 2.0 module? 

Hi nfnc,

LIO DAC 2.0 has two filter modes (selected via LIO's Remote handset) :

1) "NOS" (non-oversampling), digital filter-less (default setting every time your turn on your LIO). 

2) Minimal Phase (internally upsamples all PCM to 768kHz, and has no pre-ringing of its impulse response).

Is there an option to replace the optical input with an AES/EBU input?

No.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on the differences in sound you're hearing with the new dac compared to your current version? Thanks!

Hi David,

I'll be posting about this soon in a new thread (and I am working on adding LIO DAC 2.0 to my website this week).

Pre-ordering will begin this week!  8)

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

« Reply #84 on: 12 Jul 2017, 03:29 pm »
Let's move the discussion of LIO DAC 2.0 to its new, dedicated thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=151487.0

jpm

« Reply #85 on: 13 Jul 2017, 04:38 am »
Hi Vinnie - I didn't want to muddy the purity of the new DAC thread with a mixed question so here goes!

Since the planned Lio higher powered amp is going to require some case changes which I'm expecting will involve a trip back to the mother-ship, and the firmware update for the new DAC requires the same, it would make sense for those of us considering both upgrades to combine them.  Are you in a position to offer extra information about the amp yet, like timing and cost?

Thanks!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #86 on: 13 Jul 2017, 08:18 pm »
Hi Vinnie - I didn't want to muddy the purity of the new DAC thread with a mixed question so here goes!

Since the planned Lio higher powered amp is going to require some case changes which I'm expecting will involve a trip back to the mother-ship, and the firmware update for the new DAC requires the same, it would make sense for those of us considering both upgrades to combine them.  Are you in a position to offer extra information about the amp yet, like timing and cost?

Thanks!

Hi jpm,

Thanks for your post about this!

If one is interested in DAC 2.0 and AMP 2.0, I recommend pre-ordering the DAC 2.0 now.  I can still send it to you when they are ready to ship.  It will work fine with all the new sample rates (only the front panel display "FREQ" mode will not display correctly with the newer rates of PCM 705, 768 and DSD 256 and 512.  All other rates will be fine).  But the dac will still play fine and convert the new rates.

When LIO AMP 2.0 is ready, you can send in LIO for this upgrade and I can also update the firmware for the DAC 2.0 at the same time.

UPDATE 7/17:

I'll be sure to update this thread with the status of AMP 2.0 soon enough... And when we get close to pre-order time, I will start a dedicated LIO AMP 2.0 thread.

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2017, 04:55 am by Vinnie R. »

Vinnie R.

« Reply #87 on: 17 Jul 2017, 01:48 pm »

mirekti

« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2017, 08:46 pm by mirekti »